Friday, December 08, 2006
Shopping!
Isn’t it fun to shop this time of year! All the sales. All the smells. All the people! I have finished my Christmas shopping. No decorations are up, and probably won’t be up until Sunday due to the power outages. We haven’t had one the past 3 night though and I’ve been doing laundry like a mad woman.

As you can see by my ticker on the right hand of my blog, my 100 days of no buying stash are over. They’ve been over for 5 days now. I bought 1 FQ of 35 count lambswool linen for $10 during that time. It was just too good a deal to pass up. How much money did I save during that time....at least 20 times that $10! My wish list didn’t grow that much either, which is a major surprise.

How many things have I missed out on because they’re no longer available? I don’t know! I do remember during that time thinking a few times if I didn’t buy a particular item that it probably wouldn’t be available when my stash diet ended, but you know, I can’t remember what those were, with the exception of 1 thing. The red Whitman’s tin and designs to go with it.

Yesterday I stash shopped. I bought Whitman Tin Sewing Set, Whitman Red Tin Sewing Set, Whitman Red Tin, Sarah Moon, and made an inquiry into a piece of fabric for Houses and Village of Hawk Run Hollow. I did have a piece of fabric for HOHRH, but have decided to use something different so both pieces will match. I will also be purchasing some banding for 2 RRS that will begin after the New Year, and I have the Proper Stitch on order. I would love to get my hands on the Whitman Cloisonne and 1930's Replica tins if anyone knows of a source.

Today is my last day of work for awhile. I really cannot believe it’s finally here! It took so long in coming. This morning when my alarm went off, I turned it completely off knowing that I would probably not be turning it back on for a very long time ~ at least not for work. I came in this morning to find the office unlocked and a Christmas bonus check on my desk that makes me want to shop more and which is large enough to alleviate some of the financial niggling that’s been in the back of my mind over not working for 8 weeks.
 
posted by Terri at 8:52 AM |