Wednesday, November 15, 2006
The post with no title
Wow! I can’t believe it’s been almost a week since I posted!

We didn’t go out to dinner on Friday for Son’s birthday. Husband and I started our Christmas shopping but made sure to be home by 5. We waited for Son until 6:30 then had dinner on our own.

Saturday we were supposed to finish shopping, but at the last minute we had a change of plans. We did take Bandit to the new dog park, where he proceeded to cling to the two of us or beg to be picked up for the first 45 minutes we were there. There was a min-pin who is the bully of the park and Bandit finally told him he’d had enough after running away from him a few times. I was so proud! The min-pin owner had the nerve to tell me that he didn’t know IG’s were aggressive and then refused to speak to me after I told him that Bandit wasn’t being aggressive, he was defending himself, and that his dog was the aggressor. I found out Sunday that they go there every single day and that their dog is always the bully of the park. Guess we need to correct that! LOL

Sunday we went back to the dog park, where Bandit did a lot better, and played instead of clinged, and just as we were leaving the girl we met at the mall came up with her precious girl! My Bandit is a monster! Her little girl is barely 10 pounds and half as tall as Bandit. It was fun watching her “flirt” and she clinched for us our decision to find a little sister for Bandit. I’ve pulled his papers out and will be calling his breeder parents to see if they have, or will have soon, a little girl.

Monday the new girl started at work. It makes for a very long day to train someone that you have to tell over and over what it would take me 5 seconds to do. I warned her she had 1 week of patience from me. I also told her she could become “perfect” at her job after I went out on leave, that I didn’t have time to train her to be “perfect” right now. I also had lunch with a stitcher on Monday. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk and I’m hoping I can make a habit out of lunching with her since she lives so close to where I work.

I also stitched Monday night on The Token. I hate the medallion I’m working on right now and want it finished.

Yesterday we finally heard from Son - hadn't seen/heard from him since last Thursday. His transmission has gone out on his Miata and this morning Husband informed me he’s going to junk the car and they will be shopping for a Jeep Cherokee, or something similar, the next couple of days. Husband is not too happy about the timing since he took off work to work on his Jeep this afternoon, surf tomorrow and Friday morning and work on his Jeep more in between, but them’s the breaks.

Last night I had to shop for the office, so no stitching. We’re finishing up on our new conference area and that means furnishing it with refreshment type items. Boss did the major shopping this past weekend and I did the food shopping on Monday, but I couldn’t find some of the things he wanted so ended up shopping at home, on my own time. No big, but it was a pain to haul it in on the train this morning.

We have decided to spend Thanksgiving day with Husband’s boss and wife. We’ve socialized with them before and I love her to death. She’s a beader so we “get” each other’s obsessions. They are members of a truck renovation organization (which Husband is interested in) and their group is taking over the Meals-on-Wheels route in their area Thanksgiving morning to give the regular delivery people the day off. It took a lot of arm twisting, but I talked her into letting me do the majority of the cooking, as my “thank-you” to them, etc., and I’m really looking forward to it (except for the 1 1/2 hr drive to their house). Son has even agreed to come and spend the afternoon with us. Husband is still trying to decide if he wants to do Disneyland on Friday, or stay home and watch LSU play. I’m hoping the latter, and have voiced that opinion, since I’m positive DL will be super busy that Friday.

Today marks one month until my surgery. I have been fine until yesterday afternoon when Boss made a comment that I only had 3 weeks to train New Girl. I had a major panic attack which took me a couple of hours to recuperate from. The funny thing is that I wasn’t panicking over the surgery as much as panicking over running out of time to get stuff done! I’m taking the Mon-Thur off before surgery and hope I have plenty of time to sanitize my house before Friday.

I thought very little had been going on in my life but looking at the length of what I just typed proves me wrong.
posted by Terri at 9:28 AM |