Tuesday, November 28, 2006
I have the power!
Well, actually I don’t, at least not consistently. We lost power again last night. Husband said it went off right after I left for class (which was around 7 pm) and it came back on just as I pulled into the driveway (around 9 pm). I saw some maintenance type trucks with yellow flashing lights up the road from where I turn onto my street. I don’t know what’s going on, but Husband is ticked off since it’s caused him to miss the football games two nights in a row.

And speaking of my class; last night was, for all intents and purposes, the last class. We played Jeopardy. Kind of strange, but it was a good review. Next Monday we pick up our take-home final, and the Monday after that we drop it off.

Tonight starts the big cleaning and decorating marathon. I’m actually looking forward to it and plan to shampoo my living room tonight so we can put the tree up tomorrow night. I’ve got Husband grilling steaks and baking potatoes so I can get going on the carpet while he’s monitoring the grill, that way he can move stuff around for me when I need and we can still have a decent supper.

I’m taking an earlier train every morning this week and next to accumulate some overtime. I have all of Husband’s Christmas bought and now need to concentrate on Son’s. He has to do some legwork today in order for me to get his Christmas.

Today's early ride won't affect the paycheck much though, since I'm not exactly pain-free and I cannot take my pain meds at work, so I'm going home early, do drugs, and do what I can while bouncing off the walls from my drug-induce stupor! LOL

Oh and Boss told me that the "old" office manager is going to come in and talk to me tomorrow and take over some of my duties while I'm off. Needless to say I'm going to beg her to do payroll. LOL
 
posted by Terri at 8:38 AM |