Friday, March 17, 2006
Over 1 stitching, my poll, etc.
SBQ: Do you stitch “over one?” If so, describe your experiences. If not, have you considered it?

Oh my stars, YES! I love stitching over 1. In fact, I have to MAKE myself stitch things that aren’t over 1 so I don’t burn myself out or wear out my eyes! I’m forever looking at designs and fighting off the first thought that pops in my head {I wonder what that would look like stitched over 1?}


I see a couple of bloggers continue to vote, and I thank you for that. Vote often! LOL

Today starts my studying for mid-terms. I figure if I study for an hour every work day and several hours off and on over the next 2 weekends I should do well. We’ll see. I’ve already laid down the law to DH that nothing is to be planned for me the next 2 weekends so I have time to stitch and to study.

Husband is off surfing this morning. When he gets home he’s going to start a crock-pot full of Guinness Stew for our St. Patrick’s dinner this evening. I love that stuff and don’t know why we don’t make it more often.

GRIPE WARNING! Okay. I’ve been trying to seriously lose weight for about 3 weeks now and I’ve been doing well. I’m becoming more aware of packaging and prepared foods, and this awareness leads to my gripe. Why is it things are packaged in super-sized portions??? I know it’s up to me to eat only 1 serving instead of the 2-6 included in the package, but it’s rather misleading if you’re not paying 100% attention to what’s going on. I’m a nibbler and last night I ate twice what I should have while having a heated discussion in class last night. I know I’ve got to pay attention to what I’m eating, but it aggravates me that you cannot purchase things in one-serving packages anymore!!! GRIPE OVER

I’ll be finishing my SBBB exchange piece and then stitching on The Token exclusively until it’s finished. I’m definitely entering it in the fair if I get it finished in time to get it framed. I’m also thinking of entering a Drawn Thread bellpull I finished this past year.

I received more information on the class I’m thinking of taking in November. It’s not exactly what I was hoping for (no pre-stitching - all stitching done there including specialty stitches - leaving with finishing instructions instead of finishing it there) but it still sounds like something I want to do. Now I’m just waiting on finding out about lodging and I’ll decide then.

Thank you all for your comments regarding Son. I guess it's going to be a wait-and-see thing and still makes me sigh heavily when I think about it. You can't tell them things, even if the same exact thing has happened. They just need to learn it on their own.
 
posted by Terri at 9:25 AM |