Thursday, March 09, 2006
3 weeks and counting
Term is almost 1/2 over. Next week is review week for both my current classes, the next week is spring break and the week after that will be mid-terms. I don't think there's any time off between mid-terms and finals, so that means I only have 11 more weeks until the term is over. I'm going to give Department Head one last chance to sign off on my challenges then I'm going to the Dean.

Class was interesting last night. I keep trying to figure out why IP paralegals are paid so much, and the only thing I can figure out is the calendaring load. The professors keep saying that you can’t memorize everything, but you need to know where to find the proper information. As of last night, they’ve only told us where to find 3 codes, which are the predominant codes in patent issues. I did talk a little with last night’s professor about why it was so hard to break into the field. I didn’t get a single hit on any of the resumes I sent out on IP positions. I didn’t have the experience they were looking for, but I figured I’d give it a go. Professor told me that perhaps now I had taken this course it would be easier for me. I’d be more than willing to start at an entry level position since the field is federal work and it would carry over if I moved to a different state.

Sunday starts the heavy studying for mid-terms. Yuk! I'm really going to enjoy my stitching time this weekend since I suspect it'll be the most I get in the next 3 weeks.
 
posted by Terri at 8:30 AM |