Monday, February 06, 2006
My soul is soothed by needle and thread
I pondered all day long yesterday about what I could personally do to celebrate Laura’s stitching life. I wanted to do something that was in recognition of her love of stitching, so I’ve decided to stitch a Tombstone Angel and include Laura’s information. I know that this will look completely morbid to some people, but there’s a very long history behind tombstone angels and this will combine her love of stitching and my love of old and historical samplers. There was recently released a wonderful design by one of my favorite designers and this morning when I was looking at those new designs, I knew immediately I had found the angel for Laura. I have no idea when this will be finished, but I intend to drop all of my non-obligatory stitching and do this until it’s finished. I could use a whole lot of soul soothing right now.
 
posted by Terri at 11:16 AM |