Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Crash, boom, bang!
In the small dark recesses of my sleeping brain I can hear what sounds like something sliding and then there’s this HUGE crash. Bandit and I both are clinging to the ceiling trying to figure out what just woke us. Of course he thinks it’s the backyard monsters and I’m trying to keep him with me in case it IS monsters.

I turn on the bedroom light and start walking the house but can’t find a single thing out of place. Bandit inspects the backyard, twice, all the time constantly looking over his should to ensure I’m there guarding him.

I head back to bed and take a detour since nature is calling me and there’s my shower curtain and rod laying on the floor. A quick glance at the clock tells me it can wait another hour and a half until the alarm goes off, which seems to happen more quickly that I expected. It took me forever to get back to sleep and I hit the snooze this morning, for the first time since I started working full time.

I cannot get the rod to stay put so I gathered my things and showered in the other bathroom this morning. Bandit is exhausted and won’t get out of bed for loving, but I do manage to coax him out for a bit of oatmeal...the mooch.

No traffic on the way home again last night and very light on the way in this morning. I’m hoping it’s light tonight so I won’t feel rushed for class.

I wish Husband was home tonight instead of tomorrow.
 
posted by Terri at 8:55 AM |