Thursday, January 19, 2006
Trying to get into the groove
I was dragging when I got home last night. I told Husband that I thought this working full time and going to school was going to be the end of me and he sympathized by telling me to remind myself everyday that it’s only for 4 months. Lot of help, isn’t he?

My sister and her husband are coming to stay with us a couple of nights this weekend. I don’t know what I was thinking when I said “yes!” I do know what I was thinking, but every day since she asked I’ve been a little upset with myself because of the work it will create for me, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen her. I told her the room where she’ll be sleeping needs some major organizing and her son will have to bring a sleeping bag. She’s promised that they won’t be any trouble! LOL We get along very well and I’m excited to be seeing her again, I’m just tired and know that’s why the teensy ill feeling about her coming.

I’m having a very hard time getting into a routine. I know it’s my ADD and know how to get myself there, it’s just doing it. I’m now having to leave notes to myself to remind me to do routine things like laundry, load/unload dishwasher. It does feel a little overwhelming right now but I know I’ll get it together. Husband is being very helpful and I guess he’s being understanding since he hasn’t said anything. I remembered late last night that I had to fold clothes so ended up not going to bed at the time he did. Just little things like that. Sigh.

I also haven’t stitched since Monday. I have an exchange I want to work on and with Sister coming this weekend I am worried it will cut into my stitching time. I’m just going to have to tell her that it’s something I have to get done. I don’t expect them to hang around the house all day while they’re here (they’re here to see the baby doctor). I have a wonderful idea for a Valentine Exchange and want to get the stitching done so I can work on the finishing part, which I’m very much looking forward to.

Work is presenting its own small challenge as to getting into a routine, but I’m slowly adjusting and remember to do things. We have a great computer program where I can input things to remind me until it becomes a routine. Right now I have anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to do whatever I want in the mornings until someone else shows up to work. I’d like to use this time to post to my blog, but we’ll see how the routine goes.
posted by Terri at 10:52 AM |