Monday, December 19, 2005
It's a done deal!
I've officially accepted the new position and will be starting at 10:30 a.m., January 3. New year, new job! I'm so excited! I found out that I'll be the only woman in the office. No fashion competition! Woohoo! LOL

I also handed in my resignation today at my current job. Boss has agreed that this Friday is my last day, so I have a week of vacation between Christmas and New Year that I'm really looking foward to. I haven't said anything to anyone else at work about my leaving.

It's been 6 months since I had this much time off with no school or work obligations hanging over my head. Husband is not planning to take any time off (he's saving his vacation for surfing) so I'll have a lot of me time.

It occured to me today that Bandit will be at home by himself for 8 hours a day now and that made me so sad. I don't want him to sleep all day. I wonder if he needs a little sister?

Tomorrow is my Christmas lunch at work. Spouses are invited. We'll be going to a place that's just around the corner from my LNS and I'm hoping they'll cut us loose after lunch and I can go visit the LNS. I need to exchange some bellpull hardware and pick up some fiber rings she's holding for me.

In domestic news, I had a major baking disaster yesterday. My Hershey Bar cake flowed over and about 1/4 of it is not burnt to the bottom of my oven. What a wonderful smell is burnt chocolate....NOT! And it didn't cook all the way and won't come out of the pan. I think the reason this happened is because I used my mixer instead of hand mixing it. It's a very old recipe and I don't remember ever using my mixer before. I decided it would be faster, even though I used the lowest speed, and I guess I've paid for it. Too bad, it's a super delicious cake.

I finished another 10 hours on Fairy Queen this morning. I'm now up to 60 hours. I'm working on her wings and will take her off the qsnaps after they're finished and will post a progress photo then. I think I'm going to move on to something else at that time as well. I haven't decided which project. Either Antique Elegance or Peace.
 
posted by Terri at 1:11 PM |