Saturday, December 17, 2005
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Southern California is not favorable to the Christmas Spirit. Okay, that's a very broad brush, but yesterday as I was strolling down the mall in my flip flops I could hear Christmas music playing. I couldn't tell what song it was, but some of the words were "baby, it's cold outside" and I laughed out loud! Hello! Flip flops. Convertibles. Surfing. Where's the cold? LOL Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I can watch the news of all the snowing going on in the east and get goose bumps. I'm a wimp!

I want to move back to the south because I miss home, but I don't want to have to put up with the cold, ice storms, tornadoes, mosquitoes, humidity, etc. I live in a place where you get what you pay for...meaning real estate here is sky high, but 'we' don't have any of the above things I just mentioned. If you want those things they're a short drive in any direction. In fact, I'm feeling it's about time to drive up to the mountains and get me some snow and apple pie!

Anyway, I have 1 more present to buy for Husband and I'm finished. I do notice that there's still no present under the tree with my name on it.

I decided to wait until Monday to tell Boss I'm leaving. I'm going to ask him if he'll have a problem with me leaving in 1 week. That will give me time to finish what's on my desk and teach D how to do the loans stuff I've created for Boss. I'm also thinking of telling new Boss that I'll start on January 2. That will give me the week between Christmas and New Year to get myself ready to work full time and to take care of my college registration stuff for next term.

I got stash in the mail yesterday! I cannot remember the last time I ordered anything and I felt like a kid, running to the mailbox everyday until it arrived.

I received the following from SB&B (who I notice is having a Holiday Sale):

A sweet heart design that I cannot tell about because it's for an exchange; BC's Snapperville Main Street; Prairie Grove Peddler Falling Leaves; Sweetheart Tree Teenie Grapes Fob, Holiday Holly Fob, and Blue Bargello Fob; The Sampler Girl Lucy's Pocket; and Victoria Sampler Heirloom Homecoming Sampler with Rustic Colors Accessory Pack. All on sale!

I'm disappointed in the pattern for Lucy's Pocket. I ordered it to learn how to make the little bag, but it's only for the stitched design. There are a couple of email addresses on the pattern that I'll be writing to for that information.

I also received a FQ of Sugar Maple's 25ct Peach Berry Cobbler Opalescent to stitch HAED's Dragon Fae 1 on. Now that I've received it, I don't know if it will have enough yellow in it, but I'll do a floss toss and decide.


So today, I'm off to purchase the items I need for my work gift exchange. We do the "game" where you fight over the gifts. I'm going to purchase oils and spices for bread dipping and make a gift basket up. They're all anonymous so I'm going to fight for my own gift! LOL Last year I ended up with a beautiful beaded box that contained haircare (which I couldn't use)_ lotion and a candle in a yummy scent, but I just wanted the box. I have my stitched ornaments in it. I'm also going to hunt for one of those cheapie hair braiding thingamabobs to make cording for my smalls.

Here's to a great weekend!
 
posted by Terri at 8:19 AM |