Sunday, December 18, 2005
I had the best visit yesterday!
Melissa and Jill came over yesterday. Jill brought her son and he and Bandit hit it off and completely wore each other out. It was so much fun see Bandit playing "tag" with Jill's DS and hearing him laugh as he ran around in the yard.

Not a stitch was made by any of us, but it was the best sit down, do nothing but visit, visit I've had in a long, long time. We chatted while Jill painted her nails to get ready for her Christmas party. Melissa brought me a beautiful glass ornament and some more linen threads for a Christmas present. I'm planning to use the threads in my Valentine Exchange. I liked the pattern but was not happy with the 'brightness' of the colors and the linen threads will be perfect!

I stitched for about an hour and a half this morning before Husband got out of bed. It was so nice and quiet in the house.

So far today I've finished my grocery shopping and have started baking while watching San Diego beat up on Indianapolos! Woohoo! Go Chargers.

Hello Dollies are cooling on the dining room table and a Hershey Bar cake will be baked next. I also have stew in the works for dinner tonight. I'm feeling so domestic! LOL

Here's the recipe for Hello Dollies (they're very, very fattening!) My sister makes these every year, but since she's moved away I'm making them myself. Enjoy!

Hello Dollies

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter
1 can of Angel coconut
1 small package of tollhouse chocolate morsels
1 can of Eagle Brand condensed milk

Melt butter in a 8x8 pan. Mix in the graham cracker and pat evenly into bottom of pan. Spread coconut over crust. Sprinkle chocolate over coconut. Pour milk over chocolate. Let is sit for about 10 minutes so the milk will spread evenly over everything. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 300 degree oven (you want it a bit golden around the edges). Cool completely before cutting.
 
posted by Terri at 1:29 PM |