Thursday, December 15, 2005
SBQ 12/15/05
I very rarely answer the SBQ.  I don’t know why, except maybe by the time I get around to needing something to talk about it’s the next week and there’s another SBQ to answer.  Today’s question is perfect timing, since I’ve been thinking about where I want my Internet time to go in 2006.

Take a minute to reflect on your blog reading habits and preferences. What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?

I religiously read blogs that are pinged and show as updated in my sidebar.  There are a couple that I read, mostly foreign blogs, that do not ping, but I know the blogger is very good about posting almost daily.  Not to mention they stitch some beautiful things, and I need to be enabled by them frequently.

As to what I prefer to read in blogs…well, it depends and several things.  I started blogging because of my stitching.  It was an avenue to share what I was doing in my daily stitching life and I wanted to see what others were doing in theirs.  I know we are not made up of only stitching, so I don’t mind reading about their daily non-stitching adventures.  I have a web page that’s titled “stitching at the speed of life” because life does dictate how much stitching I get done.  I know that other Bloggers are the same way.

I do find myself steering clear of blogs that go on and on and on about religious matters, kids or those that constantly complain about their spouses and/or jobs.  I’m the same way with the BBs too, though.

I prefer blogs that show stitching progress reports and photos.

But you know what?  It’s not my blog.  That person created that blog for his or her own personal purpose and enjoyment.  If they want to post something in it that I don’t want to read, I don’t read it!  I’m constantly adding and removing blogs from my blogrolling.  Usually it’s because someone doesn’t update their blog often enough for me but sometimes it’s because it’s not a blog I care to read on any consistent basis because of the content.  

As to how much I think I’m influenced by other stitching Bloggers?  A lot!   I am more likely to be enabled by a post in a blog that a post on a BB.

When my time is short, I go to blogs before BBs.  I will also post to my blog before I post on a BB.

I know the SBQ was about other people’s blogs, but I’ve been thinking a lot about my blog and my time.  

Every December I look back on what I had planned for the year and I can pretty much figure out why something didn’t work out the way I expected it to.  Lately, I know it’s because of school.  I am looking forward to the day when homework and time spent in a classroom are a thing of the past and I can use the time pursuing things that are more important to me.  Stitching.  Romancing my husband.  Playing with my dog.  Traveling.  Cooking.  Stitching.

I know next term is going to be a killer because I will (hopefully) go from working 20 hours a week and taking 1 class to working 40 hours a week and taking 3 classes.  I also may be commuting to work, which is something I haven’t had to worry about sucking up my time.

With that in mind, I am going to be more absent from the Internet world and will be very stingy with my time.  I had to do this last Spring term and I missed so much that was going on, but I eventually caught up and didn’t suffer from it!  LOL  Blogging will come first and I fully intend to whine, complain, vent and rage about how unfair everything is while I’m killing myself trying to become a better person.   Doesn’t that sound like wonderful reading?  Guess what!  I don’t care!  This one is my blog and I’ll post what I want and if you don’t think I update often enough for you or you don’t like the content, then delete me from your blogrolling.  I’ll get over it, if I ever notice that it’s happened.

And my blog still won’t ping.
 
posted by Terri at 7:09 PM |