Friday, December 23, 2005
I'm unemployed!
What a strange feeling!   And get this!  I got another job offer today.  LOL  Part of me wishes I had accepted since it’s closer to home.  I’m so bad about second guessing myself.

I got a huge hug from D today as I left.  She told me she’s going to miss me and we’ve promised to stay in touch.  Boss ran me ragged today doing final stuff for the loans spreadsheets I’ve set up for him.  I know D will be calling the first couple of times he needs to make changes because sometimes Boss doesn’t even know what he’s trying to get done and D is not at all familiar with or comfortable using computer programs.

And I got a parking citation!   LOL  I knew I would because I purposefully parked in the reserved 1-hour parking by the front door when I got to work this morning.  If you get such-and-such amount of citations they tow your car, so I figured what the heck!  I took great joy in tearing it up and tossing it in the trash.

Husband and I just returned from “shopping” where we had a wonderful time!  We purchased stocking stuffer stuff for the two of us and browsed several stores looking at things we want to check out Monday morning.  I’m determined to come away with a purse on Monday since it’s been almost a year since I bought my last one.  We bought Bandit a toy and some liver treats (which he keeps trying to swipe out of the bag) and at another store I purchased some silver earrings and a necklace with some of the bonus money I received.  I had a $10 off coupon, plus it was 50% off, so I ended up spending less than $20 for 3 pairs of earrings and a silver and onyx necklace.  Husband also had a $10 coupon and bought a very nice pair of pajama bottoms for $2.99 after his coupon and the store discount.  That’s my kind of shopping!

We ate dinner at Pat & Oscars and then headed home.  Bandit was glad to see us since I brought him some bread sticks and baked chicken.  Spoiled rotten, I tell you!

I had a brief and very sickening panic attack tonight when I could not find the refund receipts for $300 worth of refunds on Son’s computer I bought.  I was nearly in tears by the time I tracked them down.

Son was home and has promised to be here tomorrow and Sunday.  He says all of his friends have family obligations.  It’s tough being 21!  LOL

I feel like I’ve been in a stitching slump, but I know I’ve just been preoccupied.  I’m determined to get some stitching in tonight though.

Tomorrow I’ll head to the Commissary early to grab some milk and TP (the essentials of life) and Husband is going surfing.  I think when he gets home we’re going to head out again!

And HEY!  My blog has decided to start pinging again!
 
posted by Terri at 7:48 PM |