Thursday, September 22, 2005
Back to my regularly scheduled program
My tests!  Tuesday night’s was okay. It was over SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, etc. There was one thing that I could not remember for the life of me, that I had looked at just before I went into class.  I hate it when that happens, and of course I remembered it the moment I got back in my car.  Anyway the professor was not feeling well and sent us home after the test.  Last night’s Constitutional Law test was hard, hard, and hard!  In fact, it took me almost 2 ½ hours to take it and I don’t feel like I did very well.  I always feel that way though.  What it did convince me of is that I do not want to work for the ACLU!  LOL

And now for a commercial break:

Yesterday’s blog - commenting on some comments posted here and by email.

I don’t lick boots, so if that’s the first decree, I’m already out of there!  I can spit shine military style combat boots, though, will that help?  LOL  

No “one” has been snotty to me.  <sarcasm>They wouldn’t dare!</sarcasm>

The blog was about more than one person.  3 people who post on various BBs (and 2 have blogs) and 1 is my little sister L who reads my blog and is always using her kids as an excuse for not doing something (like to go school, already, sis!) and the first thing out of her mouth when I ask her to do something with me or go somewhere with me is “Let me ask R (husband) if he cares.”

I did NOT delete any comments…I have a special hiding place (you can see that conversation on The Wagon)

No, I’m not REALLY going to start my own BB.  I’d just be talking to myself all the time, and I usually do that already in my blog.

See, it’s not all about you!

And back to my regularly scheduled program, again!

I have a computer at work.  I no longer have a shelf on my desk because said computer did NOT come with a flat screen, but a regular monitor, and it is so large that there’s 1” left on my desk unless I push it over in a corner.  Now I have practically nowhere to put anything but a cup with some pens/pencils, phone message book and a couple of files.  I have speakers!  I do not have Internet connection, so no longer have e-mail.  That’ll be interesting since my email address is out there and while it doesn’t happen very often, I do get emails from clients and other attorneys/paralegals.  I also cannot access the other assistant’s drive where all of my work is.  But I’m not going to say a word.  When someone asks me for something I’m just going to say, “I’m sorry, I no longer have access to that.”  D (the other assistant) was laughing yesterday at my trotting back and forth trying to find things and type on my computer.  She was away from her desk most of the afternoon so I didn’t really disturb her work, but that can change very easily.

I dreamt about clothes shopping last night.  That means I’m in the mood!  The only problem is that this Saturday I have a GTG from 10:00 – 3:00; primo shopping time.  I’ll have to figure something out.  I did manage to find a fluffy person store that I had heard was here so I’m looking forward to checking it out.  I own some of their clothing but have been leery of ordering too much since I hate going to the post office to return things.  I hate going to the post office, period!  There’s another store I want to check out for some shoes.  I need a 3-day weekend!

Stitching.  Nope.  Not happening.  Maybe Saturday.

The GTG.  I think I’ll know one person there.  New friends!  What am I going to cook?

Tomorrow’s Friday!




 
posted by Terri at 7:27 AM |