Thursday, September 15, 2005
I need some "big-girl" clothes
I’m in the process of starting over with my wardrobe.  I am secure feeling in my current position, and we dress very casual at work.  No jeans, but I’ve never worn a dress or a skirt.  Frequently wear open toe type sandals, mostly mule type shoes.  It’s been more than 5 years since I’ve worn a dress to anywhere except the Marine Corps Ball and needless to say my waistline isn’t what it used to be.  I’m a plus sized woman who’s aggravated by the teen styles I see when browsing.  I want to start building a wardrobe more appropriate for a more than casual office setting, since I plan on looking for full time work in January.

I’ve googled and surfed a lot over the past month or so and everything I read feels like it’s geared toward fresh out of college youngsters.  While I’m almost fresh out of college I’m not a youngster and it’s a bit disheartening to feel how I feel right now about my clothing options.  

The one thing that I have seen over and over is that Step One is to categorize my current closet situation so I’ve spent the past several weekends going through my closet weeding out the clothing that’s under a certain size, knowing if ever, by the time I reach that size again, those clothes will be out of style or no longer peak my interest.  I have kept pants that can be dressed up (what I’m wearing to work now), have a few shirts, but need to focus now on more than casual clothing.

I also need to do this on an extremely lean budget.  This weekend I’m going shopping.  Do you think I might find a black skirt and some black pumps for $100?  Cross your fingers!  LOL
 
posted by Terri at 9:09 AM |