Sunday, September 18, 2005
Too many did nots, not enough dids
This has been such an unproductive feeling weekend.  The ONLY thing accomplished on my (our) list of things to do was the trip to IKEA.  I wasn’t really looking forward to going, since I didn’t have any money to spend, but Husband took mercy on my and purchased me a few things.

They’ve quit carrying the lights I wanted for my corners shelves, so we’re going to have to rethink that plan.  I ended up with 3 more wooden magazine holders, 5 skirt hangers and some suit hangers.

I did NOT go clothes shopping.

I have not slept well since Wednesday night and when we got home from IKEA (around 1:30) I passed out on the bed and slept all afternoon.  I felt awful when I woke up, groggy, etc., and was afraid I would be up all night long.  We watched National Treasure, and I was in the bed at 10:30 p.m. and quickly fell asleep.

I just didn’t feel like going shopping today.  I did manage to completely clear two dresser drawers and get started on organizing clothes for the garage sale we’re having 2 weekends from now.  I did NOT cook today, unless you count the pot of chili I made), nor did I stitch or study.  I really need to study since I have a test Wednesday evening.

I’m kind of down about not shopping, but if I’m not in the mood it’s a waste of time, since nothing will entice me enough to try it on, and I cannot buy clothes without trying them on.  Oh well.

I did try on a suit I have in my closet, and it’s still too tight, but the skirt is very close to fitting properly.  I’ve got to stay true to my diet!

What did I get accomplished?  Bandit got a bath, Husband washed my car, the dishwasher was loaded, once, the bed linens and one load of towels washed, and one other load of clothing washed.  Real productive.

I’m determined to stick to my to-do list for the upcoming week.  I’ll post it here to see how much I get accomplished by next weekend.

  1. 15 minutes a day in my old stash cabinet

  2. get day bed drawers installed

  3. put new OTT light together

  4. go to the post office

  5. finish cleaning out my dresser

  6. move clothes from closet to dresser

  7. completely clean out top of closet

  8. organize my purses

  9. organize my shoes

Now, doesn’t that sound like fun!  NOT!

 
posted by Terri at 7:38 PM |