Monday, September 12, 2005
I had a great weekend!
Not only did I get to hang out with a good stitching friend, but I got more accomplished than I set out to.  Little things really add up and make a huge difference.  I have 1 load of laundry to do this morning…. my kitchen towels that I bleach every Monday morning.  I repotted my houseplants.  I dusted and vacuumed or swept every room in my house.  I made 4-dozen oatmeal-walnut-date cookies.  I made a huge pot of red beans.  I watched football all weekend (Geaux Tigers and Saints!).  And, I stitched for almost 7 hours.

I also stayed away from TV news as much as possible and feel so much better for it.

The only thing I didn’t get done this weekend was wash my car and that’s because I’m a princess and never washed my car in the past and having a hard time making myself do it now.  Putting off washing my car is why I got so many other things done!  LOL

I cannot believe it’s been 4 years since the attacks of September 11.  So strange to be watching the aftermath of a hurricane, when I think about how we didn’t even know about the attacks because we were under lock down during a very strong Typhoon.  I cannot believe we’ve been back from Japan, and living here, almost 4 years.  I still miss Japan.  

Husband is re-enlisting today for another 3 years.  Sigh.  That will give him 27 (I think) years.  I asked him to promise me that this is the last time and he said he couldn’t.  He also said my dad keeps telling him to make them kick him out.  I asked him who did he want to live with, my dad or me.  He said he’d think on it and get back to me.  Sigh.  LOL

 
posted by Terri at 7:46 AM |