Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Stitching Exchanges
I never have been one to participate in exchanges. I have joined in a RR or two, but never felt I was creative enough to give someone something I’d completely made. I’ve never joined in the secret stitchers groups either because I’ve never felt I had the time. But now I have signed up for two exchanges that take place in 2005.

The one with Legacy Embroiderers Guild is a Quaker Quarterly Exchange. I’m supposed to create a needlebook, pin disk, needle roll or pin cushion using Quaker motifs. The fabric is to be sand colored and the fibers to reflect the sea. I have the perfect fabric and fibers and know how I want to finish it out, now I just need to decide what Quaker motifs I want to use. I’m excited to get started. The person I’m mailing to is Leena in Malaysia and we’ve already exchanged emails. Mailing date is September 30.

The other one is with the Stitching Bloggers Exchange BB. I’ve requested to join in the Redwork/Red Exchange and have an idea what I want to make. This will combine two new avenues for me. I’ve never stitched redwork and I’ve never made the type of item I want to make. I have picked out the fiber I want to use and will create my own item using some designs I have in my stash. This past weekend I found the perfect quilting fabric to coordinate with my stitching fabric and fibers. Mailing date is November 1.

I’m also a moderator on the SBE for an exchange to take place in 2006.

Yesterday I stitched for a total of 1.8 hrs. I am determined to get back into my 10-hour rotation and try to stitch at least a half hour every morning.
 
posted by Terri at 7:01 AM |