Monday, July 11, 2005
Feeling a bit out of sinc
I hate it when I have to change my routine for short periods of time. I function best when I live by a set routine. I have AAD and get a little panic-y about things not getting done. I get overwhelmed if things go for too long and it takes me forever to get back into the ‘normal’ swing of things. For the next two weeks I'll be working 9-5 while my morning counterpart is on vacation. This means in order to get my homework and housework done I'll have to be getting up early and no stitching. Believe it or not, I don’t resent the no stitching part, but I do resent the upset to my routine. I didn’t HAVE to cover for her the whole time, but I can use the money (see discussion below about new furniture), so I agreed to do so. I still dislike the upset routine part though. I thought about bringing my homework into the office, but I figured I’d be way too busy covering to get it done.

The funny thing about routine changes is seeing what goes on in the office in the mornings. All the attorneys are either on vacation or in court this morning (except mine, who has had one client after the other) and it’s interesting to see what the support staff does when they’re gone. We share a suite with another firm and the whole time I’ve been here this morning their paralegal has been on one personal phone call. Now that’s 2 ½ hours since I walked in the door! LOL Me, I’ve been filing and catching up on mundane things, that I normally don’t have time to do in the afternoon. The morning paralegal always seems like she’s been rushed all morning before I get in, and so far I haven’t come across a single thing of hers that needs to be done, nor have I received any phone calls from any of her clients. Hmmmmmm.

The stinky house syndrom continues; however, I found out it wasn’t the tomato patches, it’s red tide. I made a comment to Husband yesterday when we left to go pick up the daybed. We were in the Jeep and it only has a bikini top on it, so I was sucking in that stinky smell as we left the base. When we got to the turnoff for the 5 I commented that it smelled almost stronger here. He said something like "of course it’s stronger, we’re closer to the ocean." That’s when I learned it was red tide I smelled and not the tomato patch. So now you know red tide smells like dog poop.

And speaking of the daybed, Son and Husband put it together for me last night and I love it! Bandit loves it too. I spread a towel down for him to claim and he quickly hunted up one of his favorite squeaky toys and settled in to watch over me while I continued to put some things away after the shakeup. It takes up more space than I thought it would so I’m going to have to find a new home for my Korean teak curio cabinet and Husband suggested I replace it with another shelving unit from Ikea. Even taking up as much space as it does, the room looks more open right now. I still have a pile on the floor in front of the closet, but that won’t disappear until next weekend when I get my new desk put in. I’m trying to decide if I want to purchase that shelf or wait until later. Decisions, decisions, decisions! Happy, happy, joy, joy.

We’re still looking for a nearby storage unit and drove past 3 yesterday on the way home from the bed place. They’re not as close as I’d like them to be, but they’re accessible without going on the freeway, if a little out of the way to get there that route. I am very much looking forward to decluttering. My first declutter will happen today/tomorrow.

Son has a friend who just moved into his first apartment. I’ve decided to give him all of my old dishes since we started replacing them with Fiestaware. They are Corelle that you cannot get anymore and I had packed them up to save for Son when he moved into his first apartment. There are 8 place settings with serving pieces and quite a bit of money in them. I did ask Son to tell his friend that if he decided to get rid of them to let him know first. I probably shouldn’t be that way since I am giving them to him, he probably should be able to do with them as he pleases, but it’s a done deal now.

Just 3 more weeks till my get together :)
 
posted by Terri at 11:18 AM |