Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Housekeeping and summer non-vacation stuff
Blog
I’m just about there with how I want my blog to look…for the moment ;) I still want thumbnails over my progress bars, but have not had the time to get them made. I need to just suck it up and get them done and posted.

Office/Stash Room
We’re going to Ikea this coming weekend to purchase the shelving unit for my stash. I’m hoping one corner unit and 2 full shelving units will hold it all. Right now I have it in 2 cabinets and 2 extremely stuffed copy paper boxes. I have always intended on having glass doors on the fabric and fiber unit to show off the pretty colors of it all, but am now leaning toward doors for the other cabinet as well. Less dusting means more stitching time, right?

I’m also wanting to purchase a couple of small display shelves that have peg hangers of some sort or a rod across the bottom so I’ll have a place to display my fobs, doorknockers, etc. I also think it would be pretty to have rings of the Weeks and Sampler Threads hanging from some. My problem there is I don’t know where to purchase large rings to hang them on.

Dining
Husband and I have decided to try to stain our poor banged up dining table to match my china hutch before buying a new one. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll go ahead and re-strip it and distress it the way I wanted to originally and save it for my workroom when we move. It’s the perfect size and height for a cutting/crafting/sewing table and since it’s sturdy, I don’t want to get rid of it. Thank goodness for our new storage room.

Bedroom
I think we’re there in our bedroom. Husband bought me an antique fireplace mantel when he purchased the Jeep and we got it anchored to the wall this past weekend. Right now it doesn’t have a headpiece and we’re trying to decide if we want to go wood or marble. For now, though it has a bookcase residing ‘inside’ of it.

Son’s Bedroom
Where to begin here? I guess the first thing we need to do is get him a new bed. He loves the futons where he works and has one picked out. Probably the most expensive one! LOL Since we’re going to be looking at stuff he can take with him when he moves out, we really do need to get good quality stuff that will last awhile. He’s always been rather heavy handed and he needs stuff that can “take a licking and keep on ticking.”

Summer non-vacation
I’m on a mini-vacation from school, sort of, not. It was announced in Tuesday night’s class that Professor would be doing Bar Association stuff which she forgot about earlier (she’s President of the Bar Association). So, no class on Thursday night, but here’s a paper I want from you for next Thursday, and it’s 60 points toward your final grade. Oh yeah, and show up Tuesday because I’ll be handing out your final that’s also due next Thursday night and it’s worth 100 points. Because I’m having you write for next Thursday I won’t include any essay questions on your final (so that means 100 points worth of fill in the blank, short answers, multiple guess and true and false, right?). Next Thursday is the last night of class. For one week. Then fall term starts up. I haven’t even registered for fall term yet! Yikes! Where did the summer go? Oh yeah, I spent it taking a class that I said I wasn’t going to take, didn’t I.

and last but not least, stitching!
I stitched for a whole .6 hours yesterday. I finished up all the stitching on Americana Scissor Fob and have started backstitching around both portions. Today I'll finish up that, cut down the pieces and stitch both halves together. I will never use this as a scissor fob, even though it came with scissors and sheath. This sucker is going to be huge! I'll just add it to my smalls diplays, scissors and all.
 
posted by Terri at 7:02 AM |