Sunday, March 20, 2005
It's a sunny Sunday
This is the kind of day I love waking up to and the kind that makes me want to live here forever. However, the weather report that says we are having coastal flood warnings makes me doubtful it will stay this way for long.

Yesterday started out with me wimpering and ended with stitching. I was wide awake at 5:30. Oh joy, nothing like sleeping in on your first day of vacation....for a whole 30 minutes. I made myself stay in bed and listen to the rain, then Husband's watch alarm went off at 6:00. Hopeless. But! The great thing about getting up early is having extra time in the day to do things, right? So I did laundry (dishtowels and a load of clothes), baked 2 loaves of pumpkin bread (from scratch, thankyouverymuch), played on the computer and then got ready to head over to Jill's house.

But first I had to stop at my LNS where I bought nothing! I browsed for 30 minutes and I even fondled, but that didn't even do it for me. Can you believe it!?!? I was after Stitch Clips, but they were out and will order them for me. This means I'll have to go back. Oh. Darn.

About 10 minutes later I was at Jill's where we proceeded to yap at each other for a couple of hours, then we made a small trip to take her son to play with a friend and grabbed something to eat (great pastrami bagel sandwich for me) before we headed back to her house and actually started stitching. I left around 5:00 and after a very quick and small dinner started stitching again.

Oh, I suppose I should note that I started my first Chatelaine yesterday. The magnolia bellpull thingy. Stitching terminology is great, don't cha think? I messed up first thing and am now hoping I'll have enough of one of the fibers to finish the design. I can read.
 
posted by Terri at 7:00 AM |