Friday, March 04, 2005
I found it!
After searching in all the wrong places for the past 2-3 weeks I finally found the Federal case I needed for my paper that's due....I think next week! Now to brief 4 cases (tonight?) for class tomorrow. Can I do it? We'll see. Stay tuned.

On the work front, where to begin. There have been some personnel issues lately. You know, who works for who stuff. Before I was hired the person I replaced was a file clerk/receptionist/gopher girl and she was the law office manager's daughter.

I was hired on by the senior partner as a Paralegal Intern and switched over to a Legal Assitant after my internship was over. Same exact job I was doing as an intern, just can't carry the title Paralegal until I graduate. Anyway one of the partners and his paralegal are having a hard time accepting the fact that I don't work for THEM, that I work for the senior partner and I am NOT a file clerk/receptionist/gopher girl, I am a legal assistant. I do the same exact work the legal assitant who works mornings does, I just do it in the afternoon, and have my own clients. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping out when my own work is caught up it's just lately my case load has tripled and I barely have time to go to the bathroom.

So I had a talk with boss this afternoon and asked him to please clarify to me just who I am and told him why I was asking. It all came to a head yesterday when this other paralegal came to me and said 'someone needs to go to the courthouse today because we have a limitation issue that needs to be filed today.' In other words YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE COURTHOUSE. I had just been loaded down by my boss and told her I didn't know if I'd have time to do it, that if she couldn't take care of it herself for whatever reason, I suggest she go talk to my boss and ask him what HIS priority was.

So today he was a bit surprised that I've let it go as long as I have but I just hit my 6-month mark and figured 1/2 a year was long enough to start complaining. He assures me certain people will be set straight in their thinking. I WORK FOR HIM! I also received an office key today. Yippee! This made me feel like I'm there to stay, not that anything has made me feel like I wasn't there to stay. I also found out I won't be receiving a raise until I've been there for a year.

I had my 2nd math test today. I feel really positive about it overall and there was only one problem I wasn't sure about, simply because I wasn't sure what the professor was looking for. Unfortunately it was an 8 pt question, too.

Oh and I almost forgot!!! I saw both ends of a rainbow today! The sun was shining and we were between downpours. It had just started to mist from the 2nd one to hit and and out came this glorious rainbow. I've never seen one so close or so brilliant. I walked to the edge of the balcony at the end of the floor and I could actually see it ending in the parking lot below us. So I followed it around the side of the building and I could see the other end ending in the road beside our building. I made me feel all good and warm inside and actually brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful! A couple of minutes later a second rainbow appeared right above it, but it was very faint. Then the clouds moved on, the sun went away and the rainbows died. I walked around with a smile on my face the rest of the afternoon.

Then I talked to my boss! LOL

And Son called me. He has another interview on Monday as a customer service clerk at a furniture store real close to the college. After he told me all the details of his interview today (with a temp agency, that's sending him to the furniture store) I asked him about that math problem I was unsure of. He had his test yesterday. He said he gave the same exact answer I did, so either we both got it wrong or we both got it right! Woohoo.
 
posted by Terri at 5:35 PM |