Sunday, January 30, 2005
I can't function
mathematically, that is. I'm having the hardest time wrapping my brain around some of my homework problems today.

I'll be the first to admit that while it has not been super easy, I have been catching on and getting 98% of my homework done on my own. The other 2% I've been getting re-explained the following day and for some reason the second time around it's clear as a bell. I was feeling kind of cocky about it all until today. I have spent the majority of today doing math homework. I did walk away from it for about an hour, while I finished up dinner and ate, then it just sort of came to me what I was supposed to do to solve it. There's still one more than I can't figure out how to get started on.

Getting started seems to be a big problem of mine. I wonder if it's someway attached to ADD?

I have a Complaint due Tuesday night that I've only completed the research on. It's a Premises Liability case with Loss of Consortium thrown in. I have no idea how to approach the consortium issue since it's practically impossible to prove! I know I don't need to worry about that right now, but I know what's coming in the future, and I don't want my consortium issue thrown out.


Like I said, I have the research done on the Complaint, now I just need to get to writing. I hate writing. I have the hardest time getting started. I have 4 pages of notes from the client interview, so I'm taking them to work tomorrow and I'm cheating. I'm going to force my boss to sit down with me and walk me through how to get it on paper.

I have 2 other papers to write as well. For my Legal Writing class I have a 10-20 page legal memorandum, that's also on Premises Liability. This case is a rape/personal injury at a mall under a burnt out parking lot lamp, that the mall knew was out, but did not replace because they didn't have a spare bulb. I have 6 weeks to complete the research and do the paper. My outline is due next Saturday.

My third paper is on elder abuse and other than deciding that's what I'm going to write it on I have done nothing else. I know we've handled a couple of elder abuse cases at work, so I'm going to 'interview' my boss about elder abuse centered around real estate issues. There's really not a whole lot of legal research needed for this paper since it's more of an opinion paper. That's due the end of May but something's due February 5(?) but I don't remember what, right now.

Right this instant though, I'm going to go stitch for an hour. Maybe that will help calm my mind and I can start mentally making some notes.

Oh, and before I forget. As for Husband's eye's and your notes to me. Thank you loads. I know it's bothering him because he's taken loooong naps yesterday and today, and he's not a nap guy. He's had moments today where the vision is great (like right after he wakes up), but then it gets worse. He's not accepting the part about that being normal. I'm trying to remember that he is a guy, and they don't cope as well as gals. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I have been sharing your comments with him.
posted by Terri at 7:31 PM |