Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Of math, my men and a few other things
#1, complain about parking. It’s atrocious. I know all you people are going to drop your classes by next week, so do it now to rid yourself of aggravation and give me a parking spot! So far I have been driving around for half an hour looking for a spot. I hate the first week of classes! LOL

Don’t you love my annoying new graduation thingy at the top of my blog?!

I really like my algebra teacher. He has tons of energy, is very detailed in his explanations and the fact that he’s a cutie doesn’t hurt either. Thankfully he has written on his syllabus that a TI-83 calculator is a requirement, so I can write that expense off on our taxes. I asked him today when he was going to lecture on how to use it. He said for me to figure out how to add, subtract, multiply and divide with it and he’s show us how to do the other functions. So far I understand what is going on. The terminology has changed somewhat in the 10 years since I took beginning Algebra, but once I see what he’s talking about I remember it. Now I’m learning the new terminology. I think I took more notes in the past two math classes than I took in my Civ Lit class last night. Son has him also and likes him as well.

Last night, Civil Litigation II, same instructor as last term. Love her! I was totally exhausted by the time I got home, so I didn’t get Queenie’s picture made (more on that in a bit). Fortunately, it won’t take me long to get back in the swing of things, but I hate adjusting to a new schedule. I really got spoiled over term break not having to be anywhere until 1:00! I enjoyed the class and I know it’s going to be fun. We’ve already received our term project, starting with the fact pattern and now I just need to get the brain going and think of questions to ask the client next Tuesday. From there I’ll draft up my Complaint.

Son has his license back! Thank goodness! Now he’s able to get himself back and forth to school and work. Husband set the law with him about his grades and his driving and told him that if he gets into any more trouble he’s on his own from now on. I won’t hold my breath. I seem to be the meanie mommie and husband the softie when it comes to Son.

Husband was kind enough to hold Queenie out in the sun, in the middle of the backyard, where all his fellow Marines could see him. He got a kiss. I tried to make the sparklies sparkle, so the picture is not as good as I would have liked, but she’s now on my web page, which you can access by clicking on her royal profile in the sidebar. For now she’ll be rolled and placed in my completed projects drawer. Finishing her has now given me another 3 finishes from my StRIP list which means I get to start Mermaid of the Pearls. I may do just that this weekend.

So far my wanting to stitch before class every morning isn’t happening, but it is only day 2. I got up at 6 this morning and after putting on the coffee pot I started in on homework. If this keeps up the only stitching I’ll be doing during the week will be Thursday morning, since that’s the only weekday I don’t have class. I guess I’ll live for Sundays over the next 4 months.
 
posted by Terri at 1:40 PM |