Sunday, January 23, 2005
What do you do when you don't want to do something?
You do it anyway. Or at least you're supposed to do it anyway. There are a lot of things I do not like to do that I do anyway. I can remember talking to Son when he was very little about this. Things like I didn't want to go to work, or go to school, or do the laundry, or go to the grocery store and specifically I didn't want to cook dinner after I'd been working all day because I was tired. He and I had been having one of those "wars" where I was trying to get him to do something and he didn't want to. He told me that he bet there were a lot of things that I didn't do just because I didn't want to. So I told him that the next time something like that came up I'd just NOT do it. Next day, time to cook dinner and I told him I wasn't going to because I was tired. I remember the look on his face when he realized I wasn't kidding. I think it took him about an hour to finally come and ask me if I was too tired to get take out? LOL I was actually surprised it took him THAT long to think of it, since he has a pretty quick mind.

Today, I don't want to do homework or laundry, but I have a lot of both. I want to stitch on Spirit of the Heart instead. I worked on it for 4.5 hours yesterday and it was wonderful. Silks and beads. Yummy. All I have left to do is bead the background and I'll have my 6th happy dance of the year, not that I'm counting or anything.

I've never watched sitcoms so Sunday Brunch is a no go this week, again.

I just heard that Johnny Carson has died. This makes me feel so sad. I really feel like late night TV went downhill after he left the Tonight Show and I haven't watched it since.
 
posted by Terri at 7:39 AM |