Sunday, November 07, 2004
Weekend stuff
It was a great Saturday morning! We had breakfast downtown and headed over to main side. Husband got a haircut then we did a bit of shopping. We bought him a Nautica jacket (he’s determined to ski this winter), me a pair of shoes for work and a new vacuum cleaner. Ah, the necessities of life! No new purses and no new electronics. LOL


Surged the fabric for my Ornament RR today and started stitching mine. I’ll be posting a link to progress pictures of my Christmas ornaments instead of actual pictures since they need to remain a surprise for my RR group. I’ll probably get mine completely stitched sometime today.


Son “hung” with us long enough to eat 2 pieces of pizza and watch about 20 minutes of TV with me. Sigh. I told him that if he came home too late today I’d eat all his birthday cake. I’m making him a dark chocolate cake with butter cream icing. Slurp!


Fruits and Veggies for Sunday Brunch

1. What is your favorite vegetable and your favorite fruit?

Potato is my favorite vegetable. I love them baked and smothered in sour cream and butter, fried crispy with lots of black pepper and just a smidge of ketchup; and potato salad is an all time favorite I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My favorite fruit is a bit hard to choose since I love fruit period. Berries, melons, bananas, grapes, avacados (I love living in California!)

2. How many servings of fruits and vegetables do you eat a day?

Not near as many as I should, I’m ashamed to say. Maybe 2-3.

3. Did your parents force you to eat vegetables when you were younger?

We were required to taste everything when we were growing up. If we didn’t like it after we tasted it, we didn’t have to eat it. Like most kids, my taste buds changed over the years and what I didn’t like at one time I grew to like later in life.

4. What vegetable can you absolutely just not get down, no matter what you are bribed with?

Okra! Yech, blech, ick, retch! And I’m from Louisiana where they thrive on the stuff.

5. What is your favorite way to eat fruit?

Fresh out of the garden if I can get it, but I don’t discriminate and will eat it any way.
 
posted by Terri at 7:22 AM |