Thursday, November 04, 2004
It's unofficial
but Husband has been selected for promotion. He's #219 out of all the Marines to be promoted to the E-9 rank (400 and something). He has e-mailed me, left a voice mail message for me and told me on the phone. I think he's excited. I'm thrilled to death and scared at the same time and I've shed tears of joy and fear in the last 10 minutes.

I'm thrilled since this is the highest enlisted rank to achieve (besides Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps) and it's been his one goal his whole career. It's the reason we're here in California and not living the retired life in Texas. He wanted to re-enlist one more time to see if he could get it and he did it.

I'm scared since I don't know what's going to happen to us. I'm happy where we are right now. He did tell me that he's been told the one Marine on this base, that hold the only job he'll be eligible for once he's promoted, has put in his retirement paperwork to retire this coming summer. He has been trying to reach this person for a couple of days to verify that this is true. This is a friend of ours so I know he won't jerk Husband around about answering him. If it is true, as soon as the official promotion list comes out, Husband is calling his monitor and telling him he wants this person's job.

Crossed fingers, prayers, lit candles, and sacrifices will be appreciated.
 
posted by Terri at 9:26 AM |