Sunday, October 31, 2004
I was a bad, bad girl!
I bought stash! There were a couple of sales and I caved, but I used a rebate check from when I bought my printer/copier to help pay for it so the damage is not too bad.

Have you ever had your stitching style change completely? I've taken a liking to primitive type stitching designs. I don't know if it's because they are so great in the fall and autumn designs, or what, but I find myself drawn to them. I'm not talking cutsey type designs, though. So my stash crash went to purchasing a couple of those items, some WDWs, oh and Hazy...I bought Phoenix and Archangel too ;)

I am extremely pleased with the progress I made on my October goals:

I worked on my WBRR, finished 2 projects, picked out my Christmas Ornament and I'm working away on Dream Lovers and loving it. The only 2 things on my list that did not get accomplished were stitch on Spring Queen and finish Louisiana. I did buy the hook for Louisiana, so that should be scratched off my list for November :)

Didn't get my computer exam back yesterday. Several of us have filed protests about last week's class and I told the instructor that I was very upset that the substitute stood behind the chairs of a couple of students and told them how to do part of the test, and yes I told her this in front of those students.

When she asked if we wanted to be re-tested I told her I was perfectly happy to accept whatever my grade was, that I didn't expect a 100% because I had to struggle with a portion of the exam, but I did finish within the time set for us to test (1 hour) but others did not, plus the helping out portion, and I felt something needed to be done about that. She's not sure what she's going to do, since she admitted she didn't have time to look at the exams because she couldn't get into the lab last week. I'm going to e-mail her this afternoon and ask what she's planning to do.

She also started form the beginning in lecturing on Access since many of us could not understand what the other instructor was doing since she didn't give us access to the program on our computers to follow along. I managed to complete all my lab work yesterday, so have no idea what will be done next Saturday, since I think I remember her saying it was lab time only.

Today is All Hallow's Eve! Blessed Samhain!

Husband carved 3 pumpkins last night. He's such a kid at heart. We purchased carvable pumpkins on sale at Michaels yesterday and decided to use the characters from A Nightmare Before Christmas and now own pumpkin heads of Jack, Oogy Boogy and Pumpkin King. Freestyle carving using no pattern. He did a great job and will be happy to tell you so! LOL I'll post pics after the lights go out tonight.

Sunday Brunch

1) What candy are you passing out on Halloween night if you are staying home?

Lifesaver Grabbags :)

2) What was your best Halloween costume?

It's been so long since I dressed up I cannot remember.

3) Are you doing anything on the night of Halloween if you are not staying home to pass out treats, and if so, what are you doing?

We'll be staying home.

4) What is your favorite Halloween décor? (ie, witch, ghost, pumpkins)

It would have to be pumpkins.

5) Do you carve jack o’lanterns?

Yep, see above post :)
 
posted by Terri at 9:51 AM |