Friday, October 01, 2004
Countdown to whatever
I will NOT think about it today. I will focus on studying for tomorrow's exam, getting some laundry done so I can play more this weekend, stitching (now there's a novel idea). Three weeks!




I was a bad stitcher yesterday. I was supposed to participate in a Iris stitchalong on The Silver Lining BB, but I didn't. I had the best of intentions, but I was busy the first night and last night was the first presidential debate, which I got caught up in more than I expected. Sorry Carleen :(

My October Stitching Goals are quit simple:


  1. Get my stitching/school routine down
  2. Work on WBRR
  3. Finish Pansy Roll
  4. Finish Stitchers' Roll
  5. Finish Louisiana
  6. Start a Christmas Ornament
  7. Stitch on Dream Lovers
  8. Stitch on Spring Queen

I'm almost there on the stitching/school routine, I just need to stick to it (or is that stitch to it?). I still haven't started any work on my file management class and I'm going to get my butt in trouble if I don't start soon.

The WBRR is an ongoing project, that's half over and I'm enjoying it. I've already seen mine a couple of times. The stitching is beautiful; however, the format has been messed up. I cannot figure out how that happened and this is the first time I've said anything. There was supposed to be bugs stitched in a column, bellpull style, but somehow they got stitched side by side. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Pansy Roll and Stitchers' Roll are two Shepherds Bush needlerolls that lack very little stitching. In fact, one of them only needs to have the ribbons put in the ends and get stuffed!

Louisiana needs a couple of embellishments that I'm adding to make it more personal, then it'll be finished. The thing is, one of the embellishments is a teensy real fish hook I bought in Japan that I cannot find. There's a bait and tackle shop up the road from us, and I may have to visit them. Now, since I'm on a stash diet, does buying a fish hook take me off it? Dilemma, dilemma!

The Christmas Ornaments. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this on October's list, since I'm going to be in a Christmas ornament RR, that's hopefully starting 1 November. I should know pretty soon (I hope) when it will start and if I see that it won't be 1 November, I'll go ahead and start the ornament.

Dream Lovers probably needs less than 20 hours of stitching to complete.

Spring Queen needs the bouquet and the bottom ruffle of her dress stitched, less than 20 hours, but needs major beading (completed head, necklace and sleeves of dress).



Friday Forum:

1] What was your first date like? When was it, and where did you go? What did you do? Did you have a good time?

I was 16 when I had my first date. That would have been in 1975. My BF took me to see "Jaws" and I can remember never having been that scared in all my short life! I had a good time and remember that first date fondly. I think about the BF often and wonder what has become of him.

2] Who is the first person listed in your phone/address book? How do you know that person, and do you keep in touch often?

The only phone/address books I have are my e-mail address book and my cell phone 'book.'

The first person in my e-mail address book is one of my male cousins who's first name begins with an A. He's really kind of like a brother, since both his parents are dead (his dad was my dad's younger brother). His sister just had a baby earlier this year and my parents are his 'grandparents.' I don't keep in touch often, but every time I'm home I make sure I get to see him and his wife.

The first person in my cell phone is Husband. His name starts with a M but I have typed in A and a space to make sure he's the first person there :) He's done the same thing with my name and every time we call each other on our cell phones we answer "Hello, A-****" depending on who it is :)

3] What's the first music album that you ever bought yourself, with your own money? Do you still have it?

I know I still have it, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. Husband and I kept every single album we ever bought and have them boxed up. We've just started going through them and are going to frame some of them. Son thinks it's so cool seeing that we have albums from people that he's just now discovering through their children. He's trying to steal our Bob Marley album covers! LOL

4] Do you remember your first day of high school, or perhaps your first day at college? What was it like, and how did you feel?

I remember both! We moved to a totally different school district the summer before I started High School. Southwood High School! Go Cowboys! In order to get involved with the school before it started I joined the pep squad, so I got to know a few people before school actually started. The first day of school we had to wear our uniforms and I remember standing in front of my mirror and thinking I could not believe I was going to show up for my first day of school dressed as a cowgirl wearing an extreeeemly short skirt, or better yet that I was going to get out of the house dressed that way when my dad say me! LOL

College was scarey! I'd never been away from home like that and I can remember my parents just dumping me! Okay, not really, but it felt that way. At Louisiana Tech University there was a 3 day orientation for freshmen that happened the week before classes started. My mom and dad both drove me over, we walked around the campus, found my dorm room, etc. Toward the end of the first day as the three of us were walking across campus, back toward my dorm room, I ran into some people I knew from high school that I did not know was going to be going to uni there. I remember telling my parents to wait just a moment, talked to the friends for a couple of minutes, and when I turned back to continue walking with my parents they were gone! My dad considered that a good time to leave since I was obviously not going to be by myself and he felt it would be less tearful for all 3 of us if they just left. I have never felt more terrified in all my life. I had been abandoned! I was standing in the middle of a very large university, surrounded by hundreds of people I did not know and I was all alone. I found out later that my mom cried all the way home.

5] Have you had any "firsts" recently ~ perhaps within the past month? [For example, trying a new food for the first time, traveling somewhere for the first time, grasping the concept of something for the first time, etc.]

A few of my "firsts:" I've grasped some things in my Business English class that have evaded me in the past. I'm completely cut off in the stash buying arena. I own a dog that insists on sleeping under the covers every night. I'm an intern Paralegal. I've had LASIK surgery. Today's the 1st of October ;) Oh, I watched the whole Presidential debate last night (I'm ashamed this is one of my firsts, especially at my age!).

For my son, this will be his first Presidential election.



It actually feels like fall around here! Every morning it's been high 50s low 60s and yesterday I don't think the sun every came out where I work. It looked like rain further inland and just had that feel in the air that tricks you into thinking you might be able to get away with long sleeves.

 
posted by Terri at 7:26 AM |