Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Two down, one to go.
I survived and dare I hope I made A's on them both? I was the first one finished with my Business English exam. I hate that! Next up is the computer test, which I'll be preparing for on Friday.



I survived Michaels last night too! I fondled and ooh'd and aah'd over several things that were on sale, but I didn't buy. I was rewarded too! Husband bribed me with Starbucks since I drove. I could have smacked him tho, since just as we were coming through the gate he said "you didn't need any string for anything?" I told him I didn't have any money....he said "I would have bought it for you." Grrrrrr. I'm mighty tempted to drag his behind back to Michaels tonight and buy for my stash. What would you do?



It's just two days before the promotion board begins meeting regarding Husband's promotion. I cannot stop thinking about it. I'm so torn as to how I want it to go.

If he gets selected, I don't know when he'd be promoted but there's only ONE job on this base that rates him at the higher rank and the person filling that job now cannot make up his mind if he wants to retire or not. It's someone we know very well, too. Anyway this would mean he'd be transferred to another base. There are so few places that rate him....Okinawa (2 years unaccompanied), New Orleans, Washington DC and someplace else that I cannot remember right now. If he gets selected he has to do at least 2 years at the higher rank in order to qualify for retirement pay at that rank.

If he does NOT get selected, he has one more chance next October. That's 1 month before his current enlistment is up. He said they'd give him an 120 day extension since if he didn't get promoted then he'd have to get his affairs in order for retirement and there are a lot of things he has to do so one month would not be long enough.

Everything is so wishy washy right now. It's stressful for me since I need to feel like I'm in control of MY environment. I feel like October 1 is the first day of the rest of my life, but I don't know if that's a good thing or not since I don't know where the rest of my life is going to be. I know none of us do, but aaaaarrrrggghhh! This affects my little family. I know Son is going to want to stay here no matter what. He's such a surfer dude now, is in school, has friends and starting next week 2 jobs. I want to finish school, and with the exception of a couple of minor issues I really like where I'm working.

I think I'll go stitch now. Sniff.

 
posted by Terri at 7:55 AM |