Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Sticking to my guns.
I backed out of the ornament RR. I misunderstood the rules and since I don't want to compromise my no new stash rules I won't be participating. Amazingly enough it doesn't bother me like it would have in the past.

I've decided to try and stitch:

The Heart of Christmas by Charlotte's Web Needlework (pg 39). I'm going to substitute Weeks Dye Works for the Sampler Thread.

I Saw Three Ships by Fancy Work (pg 53). Looks like a lovely design with over 1 stitching.

Silent Night by Indigo Rose (pg 67). I absolutely love this design. It's almost all beads!

Prancer by JBW Designs (pg 68). Another beautiful designs that uses DMC and some petite beads. I'll be substituting fabric on this one - probably using 30 ct murano.

Don't Peek by Little by Little Design Co (pg 74). I have no idea what chinchilla R&R linen looks like but I'm going to try tea or coffee dying some 36 ct linen from my stash for this piece.

Peace Tree by M Designs (pg 78). I have Needle Necessities Jingle Bells for this piece. I think I have a pearl star somewhere in my stash that I'll be substituting in for the red one in this piece and I''ll be using 30 ct murano.

Santa's Trimmings by Mosey 'N Me (pg 81). I'm looking forward to this little guy. It'll be my first Mosey 'N Me design and I have a couple of special buttons I'm going to choose from. I purchased some antique pearl buttons in Japan and some buttons when I visited Australia and I'll choose one from them for Santa's hat. May try dying some fabric for this one as well. I love how it's finished in a triangular shape.

Christmas Ornament 2004 by Periwinkle Promises (pg 88). I'll be using an overdye for this one. Maybe a green Weeks Dye Works or I also have some Silk N Colors.

Peace on Earth by Threads Through Time (pg 102). I love over 1 stitching.

A Joyful Christmas by The Vermillion Stitchery (pg 105). Last but not least, a beautiful Santa.

All of these will be a challenge to me since I'm not a 'finisher.' While I may not learn anything new in the stitching, it will be my first attempt to dye my own fabrics and put to practice some finishing that's a BBer named Sarah was kind enough to detail for me. Will I stitch them all? Probably not, but it is nice to know that there are ornaments in this issue that I like that don't require me to go broke to stitch them.



Today is my mammo appointment. Have you had yours?


 
posted by Terri at 6:59 AM |