Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Tuesday's This and That...

The Question of the Week:

What would you most like your favourite designer to design next?

I'd like to see more medium sized designs for The Silver Lining and Teresa Wentzler.




School, Day 1

Worked 1-5 and then had my first civil litigation class last night. It's a 6-8:50 p.m. class and the instructor has warned us she's keeping us every single minute. Forwarned is forarmed. Fortunately, she's also going to include some review on legal research, since it's been over a year since I did any legal research. Don't use it, you lose it.

I was exhausted when I got home last night after staying up until the wee hours of the morning the day before. Husband had to go play war games today and was going to assault at daybreak, so we'd planned on going to bed as soon as I got home. Ha! Son changed all that by accidentally sitting on his phone.

It dialed me. After getting no answer to my repeated "hello," I just listened. I knew it was him because of caller ID (love it!) and I got to hear the most interesting conversation he was having with a couple of friends (do all of you kiss your mothers with that mouth?), including him asking if he could crash at S's house to be closer to campus for today's class and his telling someone that he'd left his weed at home. Dude!

Husband and I immediately went into recon mode, snooped it out and piled it and all his paraphenalia on his desk right where he'd see it when he walked into his room. I never told him about the phonecall but I did tell him that if that was the lifestyle he wanted to live, he had to live it off base and I wanted it all out of the house last night since it was putting his father and I in jeopardy. I think he was a bit surprised I wasn't mad and didn't rant and rave at him about it.

Now before I start getting a bunch of comments about my really poor parenting skills...he'll be 20 in less than 2 months. I know it's illegal, but being a child of the 70s I think it should be legal, but because Husband's military, we abide by that law. It's not "fun" enough to jeopardize Husband's career over it. Son knows this is how we feel, and what we're upset about is his breaking the "no stuff in the house" rule.

So he packed his pack and took it all to someone else's house. I would have loved to have overheard the conversation after he left the house! LOL

School, Day 2 (today)

I had Business English today. After roll call, reviewing the syllabus and discussing the setup of the book, we had a test! She said she intends to grade it, but won't record the score. It was mostly set up to show us how she plans on testing and to see where we actually stand compared to how we think we stand. I think I did fairly well and was the first person finished - I hate that!

I have another class immediately following this one that starts next week. It's probably going to be a no-brainer, but there's no test-out option. More on that next week.

So I have an hour before I have to leave for work. Husband is gone tonight, Son will probably be gone tonight and Bandit and I are going to stitch after I get home from work.


 
posted by Terri at 10:59 AM |