Sunday, August 15, 2004
Oh, to be young and know it all, again...

Let's just say that dealing with Son yesterday was not fun. The operation was pushed back an hour. By the time he went for surgery all 3 of us were starving and snappish. They never came to tell us anything until it was time to take him home, and being the worrier that I am, that didn't go over very well. Then when they did come back to get us, Son was high as a kite and acting obnoxious and quite frankly I didn't want to be in the same room with him. They didn't fill his prescriptions there, so we had to drive over to the hospital, they changed the way they do scripts there and by the time I got that done Son had calmed down quite a bit (Husband and Son waited in the car) and we got home, it was 3:30. Son last ate at midnite. Husband and I last ate at 9 a.m.

Son has to take his antibiotic on an empty stomach an hour before eating, so we packed his mouth and set the timer to check the gauze after 30 min. I made him some cream of tomato soup, which made him a happy camper. Then he decides he well enough to go hang out with his friends. He sneaks 3 of his vicodin out of the house. I'm a very suspicious mother so I counted them a little bit after he left. I called him to come home immediately and he proceeds to tell me he already took 2 of them. So that's 3 vicodin in a 2 hour period. His dosage is 1-2 every 4-6 hours. HELLO!

He comes home, bringing 2 friends, and proceeds to talk trash to me in front of his friends. I tell him that if his mouth is hurting bad enough to need 3 pills in 2 hours then he needs to stay home. Husband comes in, asks where he wants to go, so I immediately know I've lost the fight. Why do I even bother?

Husband tells Son he can leave but must be home in time for "dosage" time. Son asks for money to buy ice cream, Husband says no, then Son and friends decide they don't have enough money to go to the movies, so take a DVD over to S's house for the 3 of them to watch.

Now, why couldn't they have just watched the damn thing here instead of all the crap we just went through?

Husband asks me something later on that evening and I told him my opinion counted for nothing, so why was he bothering to ask (or something like that). My evening sucked the big one....and grandmommie, if you're reading this...your grandson is a poophead.

but I did stitch for about an hour :)

I forgot to add in overlays of my next 2 project starts....I should say last 2 starts for 2004. I'm supposed to be StRIPping, remember!



 
posted by Terri at 9:03 AM |