Monday, August 23, 2004
A great time was had by all...

Let me tell you people, Toby Keith knows how to put on a concert! The venue was great and Husband and I are already planning on returning to see Jimmy Buffett in October. Of course, I'd like to go sooner and see the Sting/Annie Lennox concert and may have to do some serious eye batting ;)

Scotty Emerick opened the show and he sang I Can't Take You Anywhere. He's a cutie and I hope he'll be around for good long time.

Terri Clark had Husband drooling. She sang a lot of songs from her Greatest Hits album and a new one that is supposed to be her next single and should be a hit. I think it's called The Whole World Needs a Drink. That man was ready to go home after he show. Shame on him!

Toby Keith had everyone standing on their feet almost the entire show. The songs I can remember were Weed with Willie; Whiskey Girl; I Love This Bar; Nights I Can't Remember, Friends I'll Never Forget; Who's Your Daddy; Good to Go to Mexico; Beer for My Horses (showing Willie singing on a video); I'm Just Talkin About Tonight; I Wanna Talk About Me; My List; How Do You Like Me Now; Should've Been a Cowboy.

There are certain things I expect to see at a concert. My generation did the lighter-held-high thing at every concert and you just don't see that much anymore. For his encore TK came on and sang An American Soldier after he asked everyone to pray for all the men and women fighting to keep our country free. The lights went down and he showed his video while he sang the song and the lighters came on. It was a very moving moment (okay, I'm a crybaby) and Husband and I stood there and hugged each other for the whole song. Of course he had to end the show with The Angry American...lots of confetti and fireworks with this one :)

It took us an hour to get out of the parking lot and another 45 minutes to get home. I think it was 1:30 and I'm dead on my feet this morning. I have work at 1 and class at 6. I'll be one pooped puppy when I get home tonight. Thank goodness I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow until 9:30.

Yawn!

Oh, how do you like my new blog setup? I added in the percentage bars I saw on Melissa's blog and I finally figured out how to tweak it so it'd be wider and switched the columns around. I really want to know how to make it a 3 column blog and will probably mess around with it again this next weekend. In the meantime, if anyone reading this can look at the code and tell me how to do it I'll be forever grateful to you for saving me time.
 
posted by Terri at 9:48 AM |