Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Catching up
Our shopping trip was awful! We drove around the parking lot for 20 minutes looking for a spot and got into a fender bender. Not our fault. The other driver told me he was in a hurry since he was on his way to San Francisco. Between standing there for half an hour and then walking around the shopping center for half an hour, then going to Best Buy (where I sat the whole time) I was in megga pain the next couple of days. I had to have Husband help me get out of bed. I was mad that I was in pain because I really didn't think standing and walking and sitting would get me into so much pain. Who knew?

I didn't get finished with The Token in 2006, but I'm not too upset about it. I started it on January 14, 2006, and will be happy to just finish it before January 14, 2007. That will probably happen today, since Melissa is supposed to visit and we usually stitch while she's here.

I have been working on my 2006 progress post and a 2007 goals post but will post it later. I cannot find the fabric for the project I wanted to start first in 2007, so I may start something else after I finish The Token. I have just about decided to make one of my Teresa Wentzler WIPs my get-together piece for this year. Now to decide which TW design it should be. I'm leaning toward The Castle Sampler since I'm soooo much further along on it than any of the others.

Bandit and Harley continue to bond. This morning, for the first time, they slept together under the covers without Bandit being all grumbly. I even managed to snap a quick picture of the two of them snuggled up on the futon in my stitching room.

Her spider bite it healing nicely (the pink spot in the middle of her side) and she's working hard on housetraining herself. If the back door is open she'll come barreling through the house to do her thing. If it's closed she'll go very near the back door if we don't get there to let her out. They have a doggie door but for some reason she won't use it to go potty. She uses it all other times though. So for now we leave the back door open and the heater going full blast! LOL

She hates wearing a collar. So much so that she rolls around on the floor and cries when it's on. If anyone has any hints on breaking her into a collar, please share. It's been 17 years since we had a small puppy in our house. I swear it's like having a baby all over again, which includes middle of the night trips to outside. Husband has been great about taking her out since it's such a production for me to get out of bed.

My Christmas present is now mounted on the wall of our bedroom and we've been enjoying watching HDTV. Husband bought me a 32" flat screen (which is one of the things we picked up in my awful shopping trip mentioned above). Yesterday he got the box from our cable company and we've decided to move into the bedroom for NASCAR and 24 this year! LOL

Happy new year!
 
posted by Terri at 8:53 AM |