Wednesday, September 13, 2006
100 days and stitching
Wow! I can’t believe I’ve made it a whole 20 days without buying cross-stitch stuff! It’s not a record but it is a bit surprising since it’s on my mind all the time. My wish list is not growing as fast as I thought it would be either.

Speaking of wish lists, I started a blog just for that purpose and will also be starting a blog for the stuff I’m selling. The latest addition to my wish list is Darleen O'Steen's The Proper Stitch which is being reprinted. I’m sure there will be many unhappy people hearing about this since they paid up to $275 for it on eBay. I’ve already contacted Elegant Stitch and have my name on their waiting list. This will be a present to me for Christmas since my 100 days are over on December 3.

Dresser Drawer Heart is aggravating the mess out of me. I have messed up the last drawer, somehow getting my stitches started too far to the left by 3. Of course I didn’t notice this until I finished the next band and I refuse to frog it. Right now I’m just starting the mosaic stitch done in black and white and I think the directions I have are messed up since it’s talking about “diagram A” and “diagram B” but I only have one unlabeled diagram. I didn’t feel like messing with it last night so it’ll be finished up tonight, unless some pressing domestic issue gets in the way.

I have not done any organizing since my big cleanup during Labor Day weekend. This past weekend didn’t exactly go as I had planned for it to. I’m not sure what my plans are for this coming weekend either. I may be heading north for awhile on Saturday, but if that doesn’t pan out I’ll definitely be working in my room. I want to at least get my magazines put up on the shelves and to get my next few items I plan on working on found. I also would like to start cataloging in my stash but I’m in no hurry to do that; probably just one box at a time.

Our case has finally gone to the jury. Trial Call was August 18, Voir dire started August 23 (I think). While it’s been kind of nice to not have the boss around for all this time, I’m honestly ready for the office to get back into routine. Of course, we also have a federal case looming so I don’t know how long that routine is going to last.
 
posted by Terri at 8:52 AM |