Thursday, June 08, 2006
What's going on with me.
What was up with blogger yesterday! I tried to update but it was uncooperative.

Okay it’s pretty much been a foregone conclusion that I was going to have to have a hysterectomy, but as to how much of one, unknown; thus the 2nd biopsy yesterday. After many late night discussions with Husband, lots of research between the two of us, and a long discussion with Doctor yesterday, we’re going to remove everything.

I don’t want to put my body through major surgery once, so I really don’t want to have to go back to have parts removed later on down the line.

I don’t want to have any more children. Heck, I don’t even want grandchildren at this stage! LOL

I don’t want to worry about ovarian cancer.

I don’t want to worry about cervical cancer (which I’m really worried about right now).

I’m overweight. Very much so, and right now while that’s not healthy, it’s somewhat of an advantage to me since fat stores estrogen and it will probably keep me from needing HRT immediately after surgery.

So when is it going to happen. My choice. I could have booked surgery for early July while I was sitting in his office yesterday, but decided to put if off until December for a couple of reasons.

Doctor’s main reason for wanting me to put it off: he doesn’t think I’m mentally ready to do it right this minute. I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% mentally “ready” to do it.

His secondary reason is that he wants me to continue on WW and to see if I can get myself off my BP meds between now and then.

I will have to have abdominable surgery instead of vaginal or laparoscopic so I’ll be out of work for about 8 weeks so my reasons for putting it off are 1) money. If I wait until December I’ll have been working at my job for almost a year and will have vacation and sick leave saved up to help support me while I’m off work and the income reported to the state will help increase any short term disability I’ll be eligible for; and 2) school. I can get it done between terms and maybe only miss one week of school.

Besides if I do it then it’ll be right before Christmas and someone else can do all the cooking! LOL

Depending on my biopsy results I should not have to go back until September, when we’ll do the pre-surgery workup. My biggest scare in all this is dying on the operating table so I will also have an appointment with the anesthesiologist who will be performing the operation.

When I was in high school I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed in a hospital. They used Succinylcholine chloride on me, which I was extremely allergic to it I had cardiac arrest on the table. It’s a hereditary allergy and after all my family (including grandparents) had been tested it was discovered I received that gene from my father.

My doctor has a great sense of humor and I feel very comfortable talking to him and asking questions. I wish he were my primary provider and thought about making that happen, but once this is all over, there really won’t be a need for me to have an ob/gyn doctor as primary provider.

Thank you for your continued support and cyber-hugs. They’re much appreciated. I’m feeling really good about this right now, but I’m sure I’ll be doing the roller coaster thing between now and December.
posted by Terri at 6:53 AM |