Friday, September 09, 2005
Work, again
I hate going to work everyday with that “will this be the last day” feeling in my stomach. I’m sure it’s just me doing this to myself. No one seems to act any different toward me. I’m at a stopping point with both construction cases until it’s closer to trial date. That’s quite normal with any case, but when you only have 2, it’s like you have nothing to do. In the past 3 weeks I’ve completed 5 major projects off my special projects list. They’re taking less time that I estimated when I was first informed about the changes.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon going through the firms financial and tax records and then afterwards spent a half hour sitting in front of the shredder. Once these records have been consolidated or shredded, that will be number 6 on the list and then I only have 2 major projects left before I start going through our regular files and re-organizing them to Boss’s request. So, I’ve been thinking I might need to start looking for a new job.

I had planned on looking for a full time job at the beginning of the new year. I will have completed all the heavy research courses and would only have Contract Law, Internet Research and 1 or 2 more elective type classes to take. I feel like I could handle a full time job and a couple of night classes at the same time based on what needs to be taken then. I don’t know how hard it would be now, but I really don’t want to work full time right now.

I’m going to ask Boss today if he’ll give me my annual review and I’m going to ask for a raise. Depending on what his answer is to me, I’ve been debating on whether or not to tell him I was planning on looking for full time work at the beginning of the year and asking him if he thinks he’ll have enough special projects to keep me busy until then.

I need to get my resume program fired up and get going on that.

As to the other part of my life….just when I think I’ve cried my last tear I hear or read another very upsetting part of Katrina. Not to sound callous, but while I was upset over the finding of the bodies in the nursing home and hospital and cried buckets over it, I was sobbing out loud when I heard about the Humane Society. They went in expecting to find cages full of dead animals but found some that had paddled for their lives for several hours while stuck in tiny cages. The seemingly abandonment of living beings (2 and 4 legged) during this is what has upset me the most. I would be one of those people who would have walked or swam out of there if they told me I had to leave my Bandit, and husband has agreed with me. But that’s us.

Husband has heard nothing on his being able to volunteer. He’s now thinking of taking a month’s leave and just going there on his own to see what he can do. I continue to avoid the TV as much as possible.

I have not stitched any this week. I need to get going on my snapper before I’m behind again. Maybe I’ll feel like working on it tonight. Tomorrow afternoon Melissa is coming over and we’re going to work on our Long Dogs (I still haven’t decided on fabric!).
 
posted by Terri at 7:29 AM |