Monday, June 27, 2005
Ahhhh, the joys of a non-productive summer
I cannot believe a week has passed since I blogged. Nothing exciting is going on in my life, and I'm excited about that! LOL I'm settling into my routine of working 1-5 and going to class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. It's strange to not be spending any quality time with Husband during the week with him going to class on Monday and Wednesday evening. He continues to train for his triathlon and that keeps him from coming home for lunch as he used to do.

Bandit was a stinker all weekend. He got into so much trouble for living up to his name. That turd even growled at me when I tried to pick him up from Husband's lap to give him his bath!

Son was away most of the weekend, either working, raving or paddling out. I'm so thankful we don't have shark problems here as in other places. I have enough to worry about.

I thought we were going to go to the fair this weekend, but we ended up not going. No big deal, since we're supposed to go Wednesday for the award presentation thingy. Instead we spent the weekend piddling around the house. Saturday we had all errands accomplished before noon. I spent the remainder of the afternoon doing this and that and watching HGTV and getting started on the box I'm stitching (found on the front cover of June JCS). I got off to a rocky start by starting two thread further up than I should have and I'm hoping I don't get bit in the butt by it later on in the project. The stitching part has been easy, but I've only been working on the ecru borders and haven't started the flowers yet.

Husband worked on his Jeep. It is now completely gutted on the inside and he's taking it to a rhino liner place this week to get an estimate. I'll admit that it cleaned up very well.

Sunday was spent working in the yard, doing laundry, getting groceries and cooking. I made 2 BBQ briskets using different methods, slaw, fresh corn on cob and an apple pie. It was delicious. I'm really enjoying the cooking. I didn't realize how much I missed cooking. We are trying very hard to not go out to dinner and while our grocery bill has increased each week, we are still saving a lot by my cooking. The leftovers are great :)

I'm enjoying Into the West and 4400 on Friday and Sunday evenings. We still have a lot of movies to catch up on at the theater but have taken no steps to do so. I told Husband the other day that I'd like to do a movie marathon for my birthday, but since next weekend is Independence Day weekend, I don't know if that'll happen or not.

Nothing planned for this upcoming week except Wednesday's trip to the fair. I have no idea what to expect there, and will try to remember to blog about it afterward.

The criminal/family law attorney's paralegal is on vacation until next Wednesday (I think) and I'm really hoping he'll be spending a lot of time in court. He's a bit "high strung."

Here's to a great week.
 
posted by Terri at 9:13 AM |