Saturday, January 01, 2005
Happy New Year!
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments and support. I really look forward to spending another year with you all. Reading several blogs has shown me that I’m not the only one who will be wandering away from stitching and trying new things in 2005, nor am I the only one who’s trying to reduce the amount of “stuff” in my life. May we all succeed!

We finished out 2004 by doing some shopping at Best Buy and purchasing fiesta ware with Christmas money from FIL/GMIL. I managed to finally find the 1st Season of Buffy and it was only $12.99. I’m a happy camper :o) It was pouring buckets so we decided to head home. After the rain stopped we went to El Toritos for Carne Asada then headed home to watch some of the movies we’d purchased earlier.

We managed to stay up until 12:30 by watching Ravenous (so bad it was good), The Real McCoy and Darkman. Poor Bandit couldn’t understand why we were staying up so late and went to bed without us around 11:00, but managed to come stretching back into the living room right about midnight. This is the first year in a long time that I have not been able to wish Son Happy New Year at midnight, since he was in LA with a bunch of friends attending an all night long party/concert thingy.

Today was Bowl games (poor LSU! and Hook-em Horns!!), laundry, stitching, antipasti for lunch, and snacking for dinner on some of the goodies we’ve received for the holidays. I was supposed to be starting Bent Creek’s Monthly Snappers today, but the ONS I ordered my supplies from failed to get them to me in time, even though I ordered them a month ago. Guess I need to find a new supplier. Even though I should be working on my WBRR, I wanted to start something new for the New Year so I decided to start Delivering Summer by Homespun Elegance from my StRIP list. I’m stitching it on 28ct Flax Cashel Linen by Zweigart. I managed to stitch for 5 hours today! Wow! I haven’t done that in ages, and I only have more time to look forward to tomorrow.

Oh, and my tree is down. It’s been sitting there with nothing but the lights on for 3-4 days now. Husband took it down this afternoon and now our living room is so large looking :o)

I have been following closely all the reports following the tsunamis last week and the one that bothers me most is the story of the paralyzed children in Sri Lanka. CNN was reporting that only 41 of 102 residents survived. This breaks my heart more than anything since they never stood a chance, not being able to move.
 
posted by Terri at 9:01 PM |