Saturday, December 25, 2004
Merry Christmas
and Happy Holidays to everyone, everywhere. I hope today brings you many joys.


2:12 p.m.

It’s a beautiful Southern California day. We woke to 37 degree weather but the skies were crisp blue. I made some New Orleans coffee, turned on the tree lights and enjoyed sitting in the quiet house listening to my 3 guys sleeping. No matter what happens in the future I know I’m blessed (but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to complain!).

Santa was good to me, but I shouldn’t be surprised, since he is good to me all the time. I must have been extra good though because he brought me a beautiful chambray suede Coach purse. I’m in lust! He also brought me a pair of cashmere lined ¾ length black leather gloves. I’ve always wanted a “ladies” pair of gloves and they’re so sumptuous feeling on. I hope it’s cold again tomorrow so I can wear them with my leather coat tomorrow when we go shopping. And to be sure my taste buds didn’t feel left out I got a one pound box of marzipan and a package of peppermint candies from See’s. Their marzipan is my favorite candy.

Not to be outdone, Mrs. Claus furnished DH with a beautiful pair of slacks, a new leather belt, a couple of body armour shirts, some album cover frames, gift card to Barnes & Nobles, a bottle of single malt scotch and some toffee-ettes from See’s. Surf board shopping will occur this next week.

DS received his Christmas about 3 weeks ago when we rigged him out with a new snow board, binding, boots, pants, jacket, goggles and gloves. Santa put some insulated underwear and a “snow hoodie” under the tree for him along with assorted chocolates and a lifesaver book (which is a family tradition). Tomorrow we’re going shopping for some snow bibs that we saw on our shopping excursion last night.

Bandit made out like a, well, bandit! He got a Harley Davidson oil bottle, Christmas mouse, Christmas moose, animal cracker cookies, a box of Greenies, the next door neighbor gave him some liver sticks and a boo-boo from my Tinkerbell stocking holder when he pulled my stocking off the shelf. Scared his mom half to death since we were in the other room and we heard the crash immediately following by his crying. I don’t know whose heart was pounding harder, his or mine. Snuggle time and babying fixed us both up. I know it scared DH too since he yelled at Bandit, and that’s not like DH.

Right now I’m waiting on the dressing, stuffing and broccoli casserole to cook, then it’ll be time to pop in the rolls. In addition we’re having turkey, fresh green beans and cranberry salad. I usually make a sweet potato casserole but I wasn’t in the mood for it, so will probably cook it Monday. I’m also preparing apple pie, walnut pie and pumpkin loaf this weekend.

The timer just went off so it’s time for me to finish up our Christmas feast.

I’m hoping to get some stitching in after we eat, and I’ve already half loaded the dishwasher. Perhaps I can talk Santa and his handsome young elf to finish up the kitchen.
Have a great day where ever you are.
 
posted by Terri at 7:00 AM |