Friday, October 22, 2004
Have you ever had one of those days..
where everything just seems right with the world?

Today is one of those days for me and I wanted to write about it now, instead of in the morning, when I normally do my writing.

I'm happy with my life today.

In no particular order...

I'm doing great in school. I'm still surprised with how well I'm doing, but I'm accepting the fact that perhaps I chose the right time in my life to get it done. I have great support from Husband who is a great dishwasher loader and unloader, bed maker upper and vacuumer, and my co-workers who are forever answering my sometimes dumb questions! LOL

I'm REALLY enjoying my new job. I do not dread going in ever and never watch the clock to go home at the end of the day. Perhaps it's because it's still new to me, but I really think I'm just back in my element and again they're great about answering my questions. Especially my boss who has been ever so patient with me and great about giving me new things to learn.

I'm not stressing over the promotion board meeting right now about Husband's career. I've resigned myself to the fact that Husband would not have allowed a package to be turned in on him if he didn't want to stay in. Since I love him so much and want nothing more than for him to be happy, if he gets promoted and stays in 3 more years I'll be happy that he has a job when so many others don't. If he doesn't get promoted and decides to take another path, I'll be happy that I'll have him home safe and sound with me for the rest of the time we have together.

I like the way the new haircut lady cut my hair today and I think she's someone I'll enjoy going back to. She refused to cut it the way I asked her to today because the way it's currently cut is not right. It needs to grow a little more on the sides before the new cut will work. She did tell me that if I'd come in every 6 weeks she'd work on it a little at a time until we were there. I'm thankful that she told me the truth and she did a good job on the cut she did give me.

I'm happy with the amount of stitching I've been doing lately. I know they are only small projects but I've finished 3 things. It's been a very long time since I've finished anything and because of my great school schedule and great new job I have time to enjoy something that brings me joy and leaves me stress free.

I found a new post office that's just 5 minutes away from where I live (instead of across town, way out of my way). I have become horrible about my mailing obligations because going to the post office has been so inconvenient. This place is so close and the person working there today was so nice, I look forward to returning.

My doggie loves me and likes to sit in my lap when I'm stitching and on the computer. It's so fun having him in my life. He's the sweetest thing, even though he does things like drag a 5 pound bag of new potatoes off the cabinet and chews open the bag because mommie locked his doggie door so he couldn't go outside and bark with all the other big dogs.

My son hugs me, kisses me and tells me he loves me everytime he sees me, even in front of his friends. This means so much to me. I can be sitting in the Student Center on campus and he'll come up to me and give me a great big hug and kiss. He could care less what any of his peers think and I feel like I've done a good job in raising him. I'm trying to see more positive things in him than negative and remember that he's young and still has a lot of growing up to do even though he's going to be 20 in 2 weeks.

Honestly, the only 'down' thing about my life right now is the Astros lost. And you know what - it's only a game I watch on TV that really doesn't affect my life. I don't bet, so I didn't lose any money and actually I've gained something by them losing. I won't be glued to the TV during their games, so look at the time I'm gaining. Pretty neat perspective, that.

So at this minute, everything is right with my world. And I'm happy.
 
posted by Terri at 2:06 PM |