Sunday, October 10, 2004
From icky to iiiiiiicky!
Well my icky feeling turned to "don't thow up, don't throw up" last night and I ended up in bed very early. I woke up several times during the night but never got out of bed. I was determined to gut it out so this morning I'm wobbly on my legs and quivery in my stomach but I'm still standing!


Made it through the LSU game! Geaux Tigers. I cannot believe how horrible their season is going. Their defense is doing okay, it's the offense that sucks...the big one! From #3 to #24 in 2 weeks. That's pretty big.

Pro football. I cannot get into it this year for some reason. Maybe it's just too much going on right now and I still haven't settled.

NASCAR! Go Little E! He's not my all time favorite driver but he's got my backing in the "shit" department. It's my favorite thing to whisper under my breath when I mess up, so if he wants to say it on national TV when he's excited, then dammit, go ahead and say it! To hell with NASCAR! I know they have to fine him, but I think it's so wrong of them to take points away. I think they're really screwed up this year anyway with the new top ten driver finish thing going on. Okay, better go find the soap.

I'm excited about baseball playoffs. Go Astros! I had so much going on earlier this year that I didn't even realize it was time for playoffs, which is embarrassing. I am the only person in my family that likes baseball, so no mention of it from Husband didn't help much. I found out at work! LOL Of course one of the attorneys is a Braves fan, so there's a little fun about that.


I worked on my WBRR buggie while watching the LSU game. Those buggies are just as deceiving as the EMS babies are as far as how long it looks like it'll take to stitch them. I should have been finished with the critter 2 weeks ago! I don't think I'm going to make the mailing deadline of Tuesday. I hope to get more stitching in today and tomorrow, but I have some studying to do.

Husband also informed me we're going driving on Monday back up to the other size of Julian. I balked at it and now I feel bad, since it's been too long since the last drive we took. Now that I have class on Saturday we don't spend any time together like we were and I think he misses it and that somehow surprises me.


I have to call my mom really quick and let her know we're not coming home for Christmas. I've been putting it off 'cause it's going to disappoint her so much. I'm disappointed too, but I just cannot take 2 weeks of unpaid time off work. School will be starting back up not too long after that and I'll probably have to dish out $500 right about then.

But, I am hoping to meet up with a certain stitcher who has mentioned coming to San Diego for the holidays.


Now for Sunday Brunch:

1) What is your favorite Disney movie and why?

Doesn't Disney do adult movies now? LOL My kiddo is almost 20 but I still love Disney. Not too embarrassed to admit it either. I don't really have a favorite tho. Wait! Is Old Yeller a Disney movie? Or Thomasina? (edited in correct name on 10/12) If so, those are my all time favorites. Thomasina has special meaning to me since my Great Aunt took me to see it when I was 13. I think it had just come out then too. I cried and cried! And still do when I watch it today.

Now I'm going to have to go scrounge around and see what movies we have! Very few of them have been purchased in DVD format since most were bought when Son was little.

2) Who is your favorite Disney character and why?

Cruella Deville, hands down. I just love her! That woman is so me! Only I love puppies for a different reason. I do love fur (but I don't own any, anymore) and all things glam. I used to own a sunscreen with a picture of her on it and she's who I collect the most of in the Disney pins.

Husband's fave character is Ariel at Disneyland. Not the cartoon, but the young lady that sits in the seashell at the park. He says when he retires he's going to get a job as one of the guys that carries her around the park. I love teasing him about being a dirty old man ;) but I make sure we go by there so he can see her and get it out of his system, every time we go to Disneyland. LOL

3) What is your favorite Disney song and why?

I like some of the songs in the newer movies like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid (although they're probably now new anymore.) If you were to ask me to sing any of them right now though, the only words I can think of are the first few to Under the Sea! LOL

4) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Why?

Disneyland. I live in So Cal. Hello! It's the law, you have to go to Disneyland if you live here! I've been to Disneyland umpteen times. When we first moved to Cal in 1982 we went tons of times because everyone we knew came to visit, just so they could go to Disneyland. We lived about 3 1/2 hrs away then. Since we've moved back to Cal, we live about an hour away and are currently planning a trip for Thanksgiving day. I've never been to Disneyworld, and it's on my lifelist to do.

5) Do you have any decorations or articles of clothing in your home that are Disney and what are they?

I have a couple of Disney t-shirts and many of the Disney collectible pins (mostly the wicked women). I also have a purple Tinkerbell coffeecup. Other than that no. When we go back at Thanksgiving I'm planning on getting a Jack Skellington hoodie :) I want the cross stitch design of Tink looking at herself. I'd love to cover it in Kreiniks.

Yeah, I'm a Disney girl :) And don't tell anyone that Husband likes going to Disneyland just as much as me. It's a secret.
 
posted by Terri at 6:51 AM |