Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Castle Sampler and stuff
I spent the afternoon and evening working on Castle Sampler. I've got to stop feeling like I'm getting nowhere when I'm stitching almost 3 hours on it each Monday. This time I completely finished the top of the man's body and got some of the vine and trellis on his left finished.

I've had a great mail week and I've been able to delete a couple of things from my wish list. First, I finally found a copy of Goode Huswife's A Pennsylvania Beehive Sampler. I've been looking for a very long time and it's a major stash happy dance. I also ordered all the components to The Needle's Prayse's Berlin Woolwork Sampler. This is something else I've been wanting for awhile and since I'm stitching in a spot RR, I figured this was the best time to go ahead and buy it. Some of the sections, and a couple of charts from other designers will be sent along with my fabric for the participants to use.

But the best thing I received in the mail is an absolutely stunning biscornu from Susan. She had posted pictures of some of her finishes and I am one of the lucky recipients of one of the biscornus shown in this picture, which just doesn't show how beautiful they really are.

The rest of the week will be spent with Justine and Season 6 of ER.
 
posted by Terri at 7:48 AM |