Thursday, September 28, 2006
You know that straw that can break a camel's back?
Well yesterday the camel's back was broken. Something happened at work that was the last straw. If you pray, cross your fingers, light a candle, burn incense, whatever, please do so, so I have the strength to keep my mouth shut and not say something that I will regret later - I could care less what the person I say it to thinks - I just want to keep my personal dignity. I have contacted the headhunter who called me last week and she's looking for a long-term temp position for me. I've already hinted to Boss that I'm leaving but I don't think he took it seriously.

Before incident:
Boss: I want you to prepare a grammatical and formatting test for a bilingual secretary I'm going to hire.
Me: When do you need this by?
Boss: Some time this week.

After incident:
Me: You know that position you were talking about this morning?
Boss: Yes, why?
Me: I think it's a good idea to do it as soon as possible.

Anyway, I've had it.

No stitching last night.
 
posted by Terri at 8:33 AM |