Tuesday, September 26, 2006
I'm just not in the mood for much of anything!
How about those Saints! Woohoo!

I try to stay off the computer on the weekends. I had no problem with that this past weekend, but for some reason this week I don’t feel like catching up. I’m having to make myself read blogs and bulletin boards! Heck, just making this entry is a forced effort! LOL

I know part of the problem today is that I’m tired. I don’t get home from class on Monday until after 10 p.m. and I’m wound up so cannot fall right to sleep. It feels like the alarm goes off just as I get my eyes closed. I hit the snooze a couple of times this morning instead of getting up to walk, so I’ll have to walk tonight.

I’m lazy in my cooking right now too. I’ve been making “pot” food that will last more than one meal. Last night Husband cooked salmon! LOL Tonight I’m making the first pot of chili for the season. It’s almost time for me to make enchiladas again too, and some gumbo! Soul food!

I never did get around to watching last week’s recorded Studio 60 and now I have 2 shows to watch. Tonight is House, which I’m really enjoying. I’m getting into Bones more. I guess I just caught her on a bad night. I really enjoyed last week’s episode. I turned Grey’s Anatomy off after 20 minutes. I just cannot get into the juvenile behavior of the characters I was seeing. No big, there’s plenty more to watch. I also missed CSI last week and had to read the synopsis on the webpage so I’ll be ready for this week’s episode. I’m thinking of downloading it on iTunes though and watching it. I have no clue, still, as to what’s on Fridays. I may hold this house for DVD night with Husband. We used to consistently watch a movie every weekend, but got out of the habit during the nice weather part of the year. He’s leaving on Monday for at least a month so I’ll have some movie catchup time ahead of me.

I updated my 101 things list. I’m in progress on a few more items. The biggest is no soda for a week. So far so good! I’m also almost finished with The Two Towers. I think I have about 10 more pages to read.

I’m really enjoying my Quaker Needlework Treasures and have no thought of putting it away right now. Have I become a one-at-a-timer? I have a 4-day weekend coming up and may stop long enough to stitch on my RR so I can pass that on a little early.

I find myself daydreaming quite frequently about how things will be when I move home. I don’t know why this is so, since it’s still more than 18 months away. I was talking to Mom yesterday and telling her how I fantasize about us all getting together at my house on Sunday afternoons after church for bbqs and fish fries. I know that’ll probably last all of about 2 months! LOL It’s a wonderful dream though. I have two cousins (brother and sister) who are more like another brother and sister to us than cousins and I’m really looking forward to spending more time with them. Not to mention the 3 nephews that I’ve never seen! When the move does happen, it’ll be the closest my brothers and sisters and I have lived to Mom and Dad for 25 years. I know they’re looking forward to it.

The downside to all of that though is Son. The thought of him staying here just about kills me...but I still can’t wait for him to move out!
 
posted by Terri at 1:49 PM |