Wednesday, August 10, 2005
What a good day this turned out to be
I worked on my final essay almost all morning, periodically letting my eyes wonder over to my current project, wishing I were stitching instead of studying. I was practically burnt out when it was time to leave for work.

Once there, I asked Boss to brainstorm with me on an issue that I could not wrap my brain around that needed to be covered in my essay. He gave me some great hints in areas I never would have thought to dwell on my own.

The afternoon sped by because I was busier than a one-armed paper hanger! We have trial call on a case this Friday and since I’m not going to be there tomorrow (because I’m off to finalize my essay and take my final) I had tons of stuff to do, exhibits to number and a Trial Brief to draft by the end of the day. I was also by myself since the criminal attorney’s paralegal was off today and of course the phones wouldn’t stop ringing. To say I was dragging when I left the office was an understatement.

Husband had already left for class when I got home (an hour late because I had to finish those exhibits) so I walked down to check the mail. Cari had teased me a couple of days ago about something she was sending and would only tell me it was pink and it wasn’t a purse! LOL I am speechless! I don’t know what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting Permin’s Orchid Study So while I’ve thanked her privately, here’s a public thank you. It’s rare that someone can make me speechless but your generosity has done so. Except for an exchange, this is the first time in more than 2 years anyone has sent me a stitching surprise like this. “Thank you” seems so inadequate! It will be perfect in my new office.

I also received my SB&B package (I know, I'm not supposed to be buying, but I can't help it!). It contained the 5 newest Weeks Dye Works, Just a Thought's The Box Book, Birds of a Feather Land That I Love, Bent Creek Stars and Stripes Forever, Beardie Designs Delft, Abbey Lane Sonatina II, City Stitcher Liberty Sampler and Weeping Tree Sampler, The Drawn Thread Little Spot Sampler and Spot of Autumn, Spring, Summer and Winter, and a great freebie from Long Dog. I saw the Drawn Thread seasonal Spot samplers turned into a box and I'm going to copycat that.

And to top it off my Streptocarpus has a bloom stalk pushing up. I thought I had killed it a bit back since it’s sat there for so long without any blooms. I have figured out I was over watering it. Now if my Africa violet would bloom I’d be batting a thousand.

I think I'll celebrate all this by stitching.
 
posted by Terri at 6:57 PM |