Friday, May 27, 2005
The results are in
and I finished out the term with a 3.444 gpa. I am estatic. Two of the courses were very difficult for me and I was expecting less. I managed to pull off a "B" in my math and an "A" in my Contemporary Legal Issues class. I guess getting up at 5:30 every morning to study paid off for my math course. And the "A" had to have been from my ability to argue a blue streak, since it was the class where I had to legally defend my point of view on whether or not doctors should be able to refuse to provide a medical procedure when their religious beliefs are at stake. I also received an "A" in my litigation class, but I'm not surprised by that. I love litigation and I'm fortunate enough to work with it. In fact, I was just talking to Boss about that yesterday, so he 'dumped' some discovery in my lap. I love discovery.

In stitching news, I'm catching up and loving every stitch of it. I've managed to stitch more this week than I have in the past month! I'm working on small things, trying to 'clean my plate' so I can go onto some larger works in progress that have been horribly neglected. I'm itching to get going on Lady of the Flag. I'm behind in posting happy dances and will need to get the camera and scanner going this weekend.

I'm ahead in my 'snapper' stitch-along since I'll be out of town when that's supposed to take place. I have my kit for my Indigo Rose class, that will take place on June 7 and 14. I'll be out of town for the first lesson but will have access to it online. I need to finish stitching 2 more ornaments to be caught up on my ornament goals for the year. I still need to finish out all my ornaments, though. I also need to get my fabric prepared for a stitch-along on the Rotation BB.

Oh, and I almost forgot! I dropped Spring Queen and Jackie's Purple Iris off at the fairgrounds on Wednesday night. The ladies tagging the entries gave me a big head when they actually said Spring Queen was 'stunning.' Husband was with me and I made sure they knew he was my mat and frame man. Judging will take place this coming Tuesday and the entries will be shown starting on June 10. Naturally, I'm out of town, so won't know anything until we get back and go to the fair. It ends July 4. Jill, if you go to the fair before June 14, will you look for me?

Reading - I finished The DaVinci Code and have started Angels and Demons. I'll be taking it and all 3 Tolkein books on vacation with me.

For the weekend, I have a lot of small plans. We want to BBQ all 3 days so a huge trip to the grocery store is on the list. I'm also planning on planting up some planters I bought last week; shampoo my dining room, again; spring clean my bedroom; and, finishing boxing up my office area for facelift. There will probably be a trip or two to the movies thrown in there as well, since we're trying to catch up there, too.

I see I've been tagged again by Annette but it will have to wait until tomorrow.
 
posted by Terri at 11:01 AM |