Tuesday, January 04, 2005
Back to the grindstone.
Okay, 1/2 the grindstone. I went back to work yesterday. It's amazing the amount of things I can forget how to do when I've been off work for 10 days. Like typing. We had to do a substitution of attorney yesterday and I couldn't believe the amount of typing errors I had in that silly form. It didn't help matters that the attorney I was doing the form for was standing over my shoulder waiting on it. Cracked under pressure! LOL Fortunately for me he's a great person to work for.

I'm trying to get myself into a routine now based on what my classes are starting January 18. I have classes scheduled Mon-Wed, Fri 10-10:50 then will have to be to work at 1:00. I'm going to hate losing my mornings, since I've been stitching most in the morning.

Speaking of stitching, I've stitched more in the past 3 days than I did the whole month of December! LOL I'm enjoying Delivering Summer, but will have to put it down soon, since I don't have 2 of the colors needed to complete it. I've already sent off for my January stash order and one of the colors was in there. I'm hoping I have something else I can substitute for the other color, if not, it'll be in February's order.

We finally got car insurance again on Son yesterday. Now we're just waiting on the mail for whatever paperwork he needs to get his drivers license back. He told me the other day that he had made making better grades his New Year resolution. I'd be happier if he'd just "grow up" more this year. He's going to be 21 this year and he's acting like he's 16-18. He has gotten himself in more trouble since moving to California and I love him to death, but because of that trouble I have had some trust issues with him. I know you're only young once and I know he loves his snowboarding and surfing, but he needs to learn to set his priorities a little differently. He's supposed to be calling the college bookstore this morning and get some hours. I know they need help from experience people right now. He has a phone bill, car insurance and the Court fees he has to pay every month. That's a minimum of $150 a month in bills for him.

Bandit doesn't feel well. He was up a couple of times last night and threw up at least once. By the time I got to it all I could find were little pieces of greenies. I'm hoping it's something simple and not a stick caught or something. I could hear his stomach squeeking after he came back to bed. Husband and Bandit picked up sticks in the back yard yesterday and Husband let him have a small one to keep. He is a dog afterall (not as far as I'm concerned!). He did eat his "breakfast" this morning and now I'm keeping an eye on him to make sure he keeps it down.

Oh, before I forget. I got an e-mail from the ONS I ordered my BC Snapper stuff from saying that the package has been "returned to sender." Suspicious me told them to re-send the order, with the original envelope (so I can look at it), and I included my address again. I'm expecting an e-mail stating they've already thrown the envelope away. I really, REALLY hope my suspicions are unfounded and I'm being paranoid based on others' experiences. So, now I'm waiting on post man again for my stuff so I can start the Snap-Along this coming weekend. If my stuff doesn't arrive, I want the other members to stitch without me and I'll catch up.
 
posted by Terri at 8:13 AM |