Thursday, April 20, 2006
When the great unknown takes over your life
I've never been a patient person and right now my ability to be patient is being put to the ultimate test.

I showed up at my 10:15 referral appointment yesterday only to find out I was having a biopsy performed. I barely remember anything said to me after that little bit of information was passed on. Thank goodness Husband was at the appointment with me. During the question and answer session he was able to provide a bit of information I had either forgotten, or in my foggy state of hearing over and over in my brain "biopsy" didn't quite understand what was being asked. By the time the lab work (love those vampires!), procedure and the wait on pharmaceuticals were over it was 4:00 by the time I got home.

I also left with written orders from Dr to drop my classes for this term.

Used to be if I needed blood drawn I’d have panic attacks and have to lie down to keep from passing out. Yesterday I caught myself standing in the middle of the lab watching them draw blood from someone and it never phased me. They know me in there and the girl who was drawing my blood kept asking me over and over if I was feeling okay, since I just sat in a regular chair while she drew from me. I was numb.

I am home recuperating today and would love to be able to concentrate enough to stitch, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen. I am now being told that whatever is wrong with me could be something as minor as pre-menopause or as serious as cancer. I have honestly never been so scared in all my life for myself.
 
posted by Terri at 7:41 AM |